Today should've been the big day!!

Ready2swim

Silver Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Hallsville, Texas
Our pool build has been going so smoothly until today! Plaster trucks showed up and weren't able to plaster because there is too much groundwater seeping in. They are currently hooking up a pump to try and remove the water so they can try again Monday. I am being patient but I am a little disappointed because I was off all week and was excited about putting out my new pool furniture :)

Anyone have any ground water issues and how were they handled??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to look for it but there was one build a little while ago that also had water seeping problems. They went ahead and plastered and it was a disaster :( discolored, not smooth, plaster soft, etc. The last post was talking about letting them only take out the bottom plaster and hoping it will match the walls or forcing the issue of them taking out all of the plaster and doing the whole thing again. As far as I can remember there has not been any follow up.

Good luck! It is best to wait. Ask them how they are doing to handle it. What steps will are they taking right now?

Kim(not cheering for this one)

That's exactly the one that came to my mind as well. Good to hear the PB was not trying to push for a conclusion here. Take a new chair or two out and enjoy the concrete pit for the weekend.

I actually recall reading that one and then one that said they had waited months to plaster! I'm grateful our builder is careful to not rush, but I'm sure hoping we don't have to wait months for it to dry out. My husband keeps reminding me it is too cold to swim and he is right but I'm anxious to sit and enjoy it (and use my new testing kit that came in Tuesday, lol)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You CAN and SHOULD use your new test kit right now LOL Do a full test (except cya as that has to be added) on your fill water! Make a note of it to keep for furniture reference and share it here. We will be able to help you make a shopping list of stuff to keep on hand.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.