Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Today should've been the big day!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Today should've been the big day!!

Our pool build has been going so smoothly until today! Plaster trucks showed up and weren't able to plaster because there is too much groundwater seeping in. They are currently hooking up a pump to try and remove the water so they can try again Monday. I am being patient but I am a little disappointed because I was off all week and was excited about putting out my new pool furniture

Anyone have any ground water issues and how were they handled??

16 X 38 Roman shaped plaster pool (3.5' in shallow end, 8' in deep end), tanning ledge with lighted bubbler, Pentair WhisperFlo 2HP pump, Pentair 100D Sand Filter, Pentair intellichlor Salt Generator, Pentair Glo-Brite Light, Pentair Color LED Bubbler, Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Today should've been the big day!!

I will have to look for it but there was one build a little while ago that also had water seeping problems. They went ahead and plastered and it was a disaster discolored, not smooth, plaster soft, etc. The last post was talking about letting them only take out the bottom plaster and hoping it will match the walls or forcing the issue of them taking out all of the plaster and doing the whole thing again. As far as I can remember there has not been any follow up.

Good luck! It is best to wait. Ask them how they are doing to handle it. What steps will are they taking right now?

Kim(not cheering for this one)
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

That's exactly the one that came to my mind as well. Good to hear the PB was not trying to push for a conclusion here. Take a new chair or two out and enjoy the concrete pit for the weekend.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

I actually recall reading that one and then one that said they had waited months to plaster! I'm grateful our builder is careful to not rush, but I'm sure hoping we don't have to wait months for it to dry out. My husband keeps reminding me it is too cold to swim and he is right but I'm anxious to sit and enjoy it (and use my new testing kit that came in Tuesday, lol)!!

16 X 38 Roman shaped plaster pool (3.5' in shallow end, 8' in deep end), tanning ledge with lighted bubbler, Pentair WhisperFlo 2HP pump, Pentair 100D Sand Filter, Pentair intellichlor Salt Generator, Pentair Glo-Brite Light, Pentair Color LED Bubbler, Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

5. Back To Top    #5

You CAN and SHOULD use your new test kit right now LOL Do a full test (except cya as that has to be added) on your fill water! Make a note of it to keep for furniture reference and share it here. We will be able to help you make a shopping list of stuff to keep on hand.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit