Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New owner - can't turn on pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New owner - can't turn on pool

Hello all,

I just moved into a house and I have been trying to understand my pool. Today, the pool power is off. I attached this video - would appreciate advice.

Dropbox - No power to pool.m4v
    Will Geisler
    AG Pool and Spa
    Leslie Pool 1998

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New owner - can't turn on pool

If it was working when you turned the timer post in the past and now is not it probably is a breaker or GFCI at the main power center. One of the 4 grey flex conduits should be the input power line you need to find where that comes from, it should be in a separate power center with in sight of the equipment pad if it is built to code. If you don't see another box then it is likely at your homes main breaker panel.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New owner - can't turn on pool

Agree with atttech-2. Guessing the main breaker is tripped. You certainly need to know where it is and check it. Probably in the main breaker box with your power meter. The second grey box you found is for landscape low voltage lighting. I could hear it was powering the transformer on and off just listening to the video. The smaller black plastic box hanging by cords is probably a temporary outdoor light switch like used for Christmas lights that sometimes has a remote control to turn it on and off.
    Dave in Phoenix, AZ, USA
    12,000 gallon IG (5' max depth) , Pebble-tec,
    Hayward SP2303 Maxflo 1.65 HP, Triton TR60 sand filter, 1 skimmer, Pool Devil skimmer, 3 returns, 1 aerator port, Navigator suction-side sweep, Hayward valve actuator, Rainbird sprinkler timer used for valve automation and chlorine injection. Softened water used for makeup.