Space bar issues?

jasnovanorder

Bronze Supporter
Jul 2, 2015
Hamilton Michigan
Is anyone else having issues when replying with a quote that the space doesnt work when typing? Had that on a couple different threads. Replied with a quote and had to type the whole reply as one loooooong word then go back and put the spaces in. Works fine here but not when replying.

I was just able to recreate this issue in Google Chrome and see your settings match. This issue appears to mostly occur to Chrome when the user is using the WYSIWYG option, which I see both of you are currently using. To work around this please follow this path,

General Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface > Standard Editor

Please change that setting and let me know if that works to address the issue.

I was just able to recreate this issue in Google Chrome and see your settings match. This issue appears to mostly occur to Chrome when the user is using the WYSIWYG option, which I see both of you are currently using. To work around this please follow this path,

General Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface > Standard Editor

Please change that setting and let me know if that works to address the issue.

Lets give it a go. Nope still no bueno

I'm currently usingWYGWYAI when adn I try tpo type and use font embellishments like bold oritalics and backspace inside the embellishment, it cause problems....

Now WYSIWYG mode is turned off and it doesn't matter if I use backspace or not....

Turn off WYSIWYG mode....

This was done on a Chromebook running the latest version of Google Chrome .... and it happens on my Mac too in Safari

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use Chromebook and thought it was an issue with my system. Turned on the standard editor and looks like it's working find now. Thanks for raising this.

Update ----- I was typing a reply to anothermessage and found that while better, thespacebar issuedoes remain with the standard editor (as evidenced by this update). :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.