Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Space bar issues?

1. Back To Top    #1

Space bar issues?

Is anyone else having issues when replying with a quote that the space doesnt work when typing? Had that on a couple different threads. Replied with a quote and had to type the whole reply as one loooooong word then go back and put the spaces in. Works fine here but not when replying.
    Intex AG metal frame vinyl sides 10,400 gal. 3000 gph intex pump with 16" sand filter
    My Slam

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Space bar issues?

No issues here.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

By any chance are you using Google Chrome?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jasnovanorder View Post
    Is anyone else having issues when replying with a quote that the space doesnt work when typing? Had that on a couple different threads. Replied with a quote and had to type the whole reply as one loooooong word then go back and put the spaces in. Works fine here but not when replying.
    I had this happen once...but now it works. Google Chrome browser.
    Still finding out details, new owner of used pool.
    13k, inground, plaster, Pentair IntelliFlo pump, cartridge filter, cooler, IntelliTouch i7 & AquaRite SWCG. TF-100, K-1766 & SpeedStir. More details as I learn...

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    By any chance are you using Google Chrome?
    Yes I am. It was fine making this thread but goes all kitterwhompus making this reply
    Intex AG metal frame vinyl sides 10,400 gal. 3000 gph intex pump with 16" sand filter
    My Slam

6. Back To Top    #6

I was just able to recreate this issue in Google Chrome and see your settings match. This issue appears to mostly occur to Chrome when the user is using the WYSIWYG option, which I see both of you are currently using. To work around this please follow this path,

General Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface > Standard Editor

Please change that setting and let me know if that works to address the issue.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    I was just able to recreate this issue in Google Chrome and see your settings match. This issue appears to mostly occur to Chrome when the user is using the WYSIWYG option, which I see both of you are currently using. To work around this please follow this path,

General Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface > Standard Editor

Please change that setting and let me know if that works to address the issue.
    Lets give it a go. Nope still no bueno
    My Slam

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jasnovanorder View Post
    Notseeinganyproblemshere.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Notseeinganyproblemshere.
    My Slam

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm currently usingWYGWYAI when adn I try tpo type and use font embellishments like bold oritalics and backspace inside the embellishment, it cause problems....

Now WYSIWYG mode is turned off and it doesn't matter if I use backspace or not....

Turn off WYSIWYG mode....

This was done on a Chromebook running the latest version of Google Chrome .... and it happens on my Mac too in Safari
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

I have this issue as well (also have the problem with it jumping the cursor to a random location if I use backspace after having added italics/underline/etc). I'll try turning off WYSIWYG.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

12. Back To Top    #12

Hmmm, my Android Tab works perfectly at all times.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

I use Chromebook and thought it was an issue with my system. Turned on the standard editor and looks like it's working find now. Thanks for raising this.

Update ----- I was typing a reply to anothermessage and found that while better, thespacebar issuedoes remain with the standard editor (as evidenced by this update).
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test