Rust from metal rings on bottom of pool floor

Kupo

Mar 16, 2017
Mesa
Hey all,

I am trying to get rid of some rust stains from some metal rings that the wind blew into the pool. Unfortunately this is in the deep end of the 9'~ ft pool so it makes it a bit harder to get to :) Does anyone have any ideas to get rid of these? Would this kind of cleaning require me to empty the pool?

Thanks for any help!

Hi, welcome to TFP! You can try crushing up some vitamin C tablets in a tied off sock and lay it on top of the rust stains to see if they will lift it. Let it sit about an hour and see if it helps.

Hi, welcome to TFP! You can try crushing up some vitamin C tablets in a tied off sock and lay it on top of the rust stains to see if they will lift it. Let it sit about an hour and see if it helps.

+1. My dad had an issue with something metal falling in his pool. The vitamin C in a sock thing worked great. As mentioned, make sure it's crushed up or buy it powder form.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.