Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OCLT (not SLAMing)

1. Back To Top    #1

OCLT (not SLAMing)

OK, so we had a ton of rain. The pool has had a tinge of green to it the last few days, crystal clear though. I am coming off of a SLAM and I have 8.5 FC, 0.0 CC the last few days, and a 7.6 pH. Planning on doing an OCLT tonight, since the pool is clear. Should I leave the pump running or not.

Full Chemistry
    FC 8.5
    CC 0.0
    pH= 7.6
    TA= 95
    CH= 290
    CYA= 65
    NaCl=3200
    15K Gal Gunite Pool, White Pebble Surface (unkown), Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, SunTouch automation, sta-rite plm100 filter, Hayward AquaRite AQR-15 SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: OCLT (not SLAMing)

That sets off the metal (iron) alarm. Are you on a well? Did it turn green quickly? How long has it been green?
    32K gallon Plaster - CircuPool SJ-55 SWG - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL/K-1766
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart - Support TFP

3. Back To Top    #3

In the morning it looks blue, but full sun of the day has a green tinge to it. Not sure if is a reflection off the house into the Blue Granite Pebblesheen causing an appearance of green.

My fill water is municipal water.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bruce View Post
    That sets off the metal (iron) alarm. Are you on a well? Did it turn green quickly? How long has it been green?
    15K Gal Gunite Pool, White Pebble Surface (unkown), Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, SunTouch automation, sta-rite plm100 filter, Hayward AquaRite AQR-15 SWG.

4. Back To Top    #4

My big question, is an OCLT test valid if I don't run the pump all night, but run it again for an hour in the morning before I take the second reading.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, that is ok as long as you mix in the chlorine when you add it the night before and mix again in the morning.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Woke up, tested after circulation system running an hour.
    FC 9.5
    CC 0.0
    No overnight chlorine loss.

The pool looks great in the morning, but by mid afternoon has a green tinge to it. Like I said not sure if its an optical illusion with light reflecting around.