L.A. CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. Had some low numbers and tried to bring them up. Missed it.....by a lot. Just want some opinions on RE adjusting so I don't screw it up again. I got the calculator readings if you think I should just follow that.

#'s BEFORE
FC .8
PH 8.0
CYA 60
ALK 80
CH 240

#'s AFTER
FC 7.2
PH 7.0
CYA 60
ALK 50
CH 240

Calculator says to add 2.5lbs washing soda (PH)
Also 10 lbs Baking Soda (ALK)

So I did the over add about 24hrs ago pumps been running aprox 8 hrs of that on med speed.

I love a learning curve....Doh!

Thanks
Jedisparky

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

None of that is alarming at all. Do you normally have rising pH? Did you add some acid?

My suggestions:
-Change your location to LA, California. I had to google Sylmar :)
-Use a 10ml sample size for chlorine testing, then each drop is .5 (divide the drops by 2)
-Print out this chart and keep it near your testing area Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

What does your fill water look like as far as TA and PH?

Right now they are not too low. They are can "live" like that for a little while. PH is easy to push up just by running your spillover. If your fill water has higher TA then you can just add some water.

Kim:kim:

None of that is alarming at all. Do you normally have rising pH? Did you add some acid?

My suggestions:
-Change your location to LA, California. I had to google Sylmar :)
-Use a 10ml sample size for chlorine testing, then each drop is .5 (divide the drops by 2)
-Print out this chart and keep it near your testing area Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
Lol, thanks Bruce, Location changed.

Testing @ 10ml my FC is 6.5. I'm about 20 days in to my 30 days before I add salt to my salt system and start that up. So if I'm looking at the chart I'm going to look at the non salt water chart for now I suppose. My pH has been rising steadily over the week. I added MA and Chlorine. Based on that chart it looks like I'm OK my concern now is the ALK.

What does your fill water look like as far as TA and PH?

Right now they are not too low. They are can "live" like that for a little while. PH is easy to push up just by running your spillover. If your fill water has higher TA then you can just add some water.

My fill water was PH 7.4 ALK 100. I thought the target for ALK was between 80 and 120 now I'm sitting at 50. I'm wondering if I should just let it run for a few days and see where it ends up at before I do anything?

Yes, use the non-SWG part of the page for now. It sounds like you are coming off a new build or re-plaster?

Don't worry too much about TA. For new plaster the pH is much more important. You are doing great, don't sweat too much.

TA is the last thing we worry with. You are doing fine. Once your pool cures then you will tweak your TA and PH to find their happy spots. While your pool cures your PH will push up so..........Just keep an eye on everything like you are and you will be fine.

Kim and Mr. Bruce, you're awesome! Thanks so much for the input, I feel much better. Also, yes Bruce, it is a new build, and I can't wait to be proficient at this and get to the business of swimming ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.