Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Light Junction Box

1. Back To Top    #1

Light Junction Box

My pool light currently has a junction box with a switch in it. I want to update it to be within code. Can I use an outdoor PVC single gang junction box with a solid cover? I have one pool light that will be connected in this box.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Vinyl liner (replaced in 2018) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump / Stenner pump (85MHP17) w/55 gallon storage tank / Pentair heat pump HP1200 (To be installed) / TF100 Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Light Junction Box

Lets make sure we are talking about the same thing first.

A pool light junction box is the electrical enclosure box near your pool where the cord from the light terminates. Is that what we are discussing?

Assuming that it is no. To comply with the NEC you need a listed pool junction box. Like this one from Inyo Pools: Pentair Junction Box, (3) 3/4 Ports (78310600) - INYOPools.com
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Light Junction Box

That is the box I am discussing. My pool currently has a pvc box like you would purchase from a home store and has an exterior rated switch installed on the box. It was this way when I purchased the house. The box you attached is what I have seen but I only have one light, that box is for two connections. Was hoping other knew of a single box that is hopefully a little cheaper.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Vinyl liner (replaced in 2018) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump / Stenner pump (85MHP17) w/55 gallon storage tank / Pentair heat pump HP1200 (To be installed) / TF100 Test kit