Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: New owner-builder (kinda) in Arizona

1. Back To Top    #121

Re: New owner-builder (kinda) in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    OH I like that!!! Good idea!

Kim
    They did the extra steel at no charge & I think extra shotcrete will be about $200.
    Electrical is on Friday, but the shotcrete guy is a little backed up, so I may have to wait about a week after inspection. Darn!!
    Under Construction In-ground Freeform 11K gal Pentair intelliflo Clean&Clear cartridge filter, EasyTouch w/IC40, Baja Mini Pebble interior - Sky Blue, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #122

TFP Guide

Getting there!
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

3. Back To Top    #123

I like it!

4. Back To Top    #124

Quote Originally Posted by triptyx View Post
    Getting there!
    It can't go fast enough!!
    Under Construction In-ground Freeform 11K gal Pentair intelliflo Clean&Clear cartridge filter, EasyTouch w/IC40, Baja Mini Pebble interior - Sky Blue, TF-100

5. Back To Top    #125

Quote Originally Posted by joanniern View Post
    I like it!
    Thanks!

6. Back To Top    #126

Electrical done & inspection passed - got my final signed off too.
    I just need to find someone who can do my shotcrete NOW. They are all pretty busy right now, so I'm currently looking.

7. Back To Top    #127

Happy looking!! Now don't jump on the first one that says they can/will do it. Make sure they do good work!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #128

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Happy looking!! Now don't jump on the first one that says they can/will do it. Make sure they do good work!

Kim
    No, I won't do that. I'm checking them out for sure!

9. Back To Top    #129

If you have the flexibility in your own schedule, tell them you can be ready with overnight or early morning (last-minute) notice. That can make a difference to a contractor.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

10. Back To Top    #130

Quote Originally Posted by needsajet View Post
    If you have the flexibility in your own schedule, tell them you can be ready with overnight or early morning (last-minute) notice. That can make a difference to a contractor.
    That's a good idea! I have a guy coming at 5:30 tomorrow morning to do pre-site & hopefully they can fit me in this week.

11. Back To Top    #131

Congratulations on your new pool! I live in Gilbert, looking forward to the pool warming up in the next few weeks! Too late for you now, but I would have strongly recommended the PCC2000 in floor cleaning system. Our pool is now 20 years old, and the system still works just as well as the first day! I never brush, skim, or do anything but empty the skimmers! Maybe the best $2000 bucks I've ever spent. Enjoy your new pool this summer! !

12. Back To Top    #132

Looking GREAT AZsun! I am jealous. We live out on the West Side and are having plans done right now. Great info on the rebar - I am watching your build closely and can't wait to see you fill er up!

13. Back To Top    #133

Quote Originally Posted by jerrypar72 View Post
    Congratulations on your new pool! I live in Gilbert, looking forward to the pool warming up in the next few weeks! Too late for you now, but I would have strongly recommended the PCC2000 in floor cleaning system. Our pool is now 20 years old, and the system still works just as well as the first day! I never brush, skim, or do anything but empty the skimmers! Maybe the best $2000 bucks I've ever spent. Enjoy your new pool this summer! !
    I contemplated in floor cleaning & decided not to do it... hopefully I won't regret it.
    I decided to put the money towards more decking and the salt cell.
    I can't get wait to get this thing done!

14. Back To Top    #134

Quote Originally Posted by bpool009 View Post
    Looking GREAT AZsun! I am jealous. We live out on the West Side and are having plans done right now. Great info on the rebar - I am watching your build closely and can't wait to see you fill er up!
    Thanks!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your build too.

I'm getting tired of all the dirt in my backyard already! My house is super dusty now oh well, I'm sure that it will be more than worth it!

Good luck with your plans & build. Let me know if you need any info on subs - mine have been excellent so far.

15. Back To Top    #135

Shotcrete is Friday morning!!
    Can't wait until it looks like a real pool!

16. Back To Top    #136

Congrats on the shell shoot!! Just a warning, if you think waiting on the gunite was hard, it's twice as hard waiting for plaster . . . Sooo close, but yet not done. . I'm flying in Friday night for a two week visit with my pool. Water temp is only 71 with the cooler nights, but hey, that's why I have a heater right??
    17' x 30' rectangle pool, two 7' x 7' baja decks, 6' x 8' raised spa. Hayward 2HP VSP for features, filter and returns. 2HP single speed for 9 spa jets. 1HP blower for spa bubbles. In-Floor cleaning, Cartridge filter, AquaConnect automation, 400K BTU NG heater. Plaster is Stonescapes mini-pebble in Aqua Blue + abalone shell TF-100 Text from Neighbor -- They're digging your pool!

17. Back To Top    #137

Quote Originally Posted by BigEinAZ View Post
    Congrats on the shell shoot!! Just a warning, if you think waiting on the gunite was hard, it's twice as hard waiting for plaster . . . Sooo close, but yet not done. . I'm flying in Friday night for a two week visit with my pool. Water temp is only 71 with the cooler nights, but hey, that's why I have a heater right??
    Ha! I'm sure! I'm trying to prepare myself.
    I bet having a heater is nice! I will have to settle for a solar cover.
    Enjoy!!

18. Back To Top    #138

Shotcrete is done!! I'm watering my baby

19. Back To Top    #139

Nice! Welcome to the AZ pool "club" and you'll love it soon! You are moving right along.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

20. Back To Top    #140

Quote Originally Posted by cwescapexlt4x4 View Post
    Nice! Welcome to the AZ pool "club" and you'll love it soon! You are moving right along.
    Thank you!
    I can't wait, but I still have a lot left to do.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast