New owner-builder (kinda) in Arizona

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have a HOLE in your yard!!!!! OH happy day! Your pics came out great!

-update siggy- Settings (upper right of this page)-edit signature (middle left).

Now me being me.........please tell us what mistakes or corrections you saw about to happen that you needed to be there to stop/fix. I try to use this as a lesson for future builds.

Your next job is to measure............add about 8" or so for the steel, gunite and plaster. It is wide, long, deep, etc enough? NOW is the time to tweak or fix if needed/wanted.

Kim:kim:

-update siggy- Settings (upper right of this page)-edit signature (middle left).

Now me being me.........please tell us what mistakes or corrections you saw about to happen that you needed to be there to stop/fix. I try to use this as a lesson for future builds.

Your next job is to measure............add about 8" or so for the steel, gunite and plaster. It is wide, long, deep, etc enough? NOW is the time to tweak or fix if needed/wanted.

Thanks!
I tried to update my signature in settings, but I don't know if it worked - can you see it?

They put my top step in the Baja towards the center, instead of in the side, so I had them move it. Even though we talked about the light placement on front of Baja step 10 minutes prior, I saw one of the guys digging 6" off center... made him fix that. I think you have to know your plan, & keep watching them!

I did offer to water as they scooped dirt out, to keep the dust down, & that freed the other guy up to do the hand shaping/digging.

It was 105 yesterday, so I'm sure they were exhausted. They also did grass & concrete pre-grade yesterday too! I went & grabbed them lunch & kept the ice water flowing :)

All, in all everything went great & it seems to measure pretty much perfect.

Under Construction In-ground 11K gal Pentair intelliflo Clean&Clear cartridge filter EasyTouch w/IC40 Pebble Sheen Blue Surf

Good thing you were there! The next thing you need to be there for is the rebar for the same kind of reasons. Good catches on your part!

I got your siggy set up. Let me know when you are ready to update it and I will walk you step by step how to do it.

Good thing you were there! The next thing you need to be there for is the rebar for the same kind of reasons. Good catches on your part!

I got your siggy set up. Let me know when you are ready to update it and I will walk you step by step how to do it.

Yes, I will be there!! Thank you for fixing my siggy - I have a hard time finding my way around sometimes [emoji57]

I was going over my equipment order again, & I don't see any drain cover on the list. I have emailed the equipment supplier.

I like the type that you can put the Pebble finish on.

I'm guessing I could try to order that type, but I don't want to order the wrong thing, & I think the plumber may be out tomorrow. Perhaps they don't need the cover right now?

Any info would be helpful!
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.