Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salty water taste?

1. Back To Top    #1

Salty water taste?

Hi just started using the bbb last year.Everything is great., but I noticed the water tastes sort of salty or flat?--Normal?
    18-4 ag

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salty water taste?

My water tastes fine, but then I'm not one to drink from the pool, I prefer a nice glass from the Britta.

If you post a full set of test results, we may be able to advise you better. Is this a saltwater pool?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Salty water taste?

No it's not, just walmart bleach.when I checked the cya was low 20 or less so I have used a puck or two of stabilized chlorine.It's a vinyl pool so I mostly check for ph and chlorine levels.The water sparkles and I smell no chlorine just a salty sort of taste(when the water accidentally crosses my lips and my tongue accidentally in search of some of that fine Britta water that it craves )after my head has gone for a dip underwater exposes accidentally now mind you my taste buds to that water that I take great care to insure for the sake of my grand kids (not goats) is safe although we don't recommend it, almost to drink. Im reminded of a quote by Chem Geek that I saw o a post where he reminded someone that water don't get old --just may need some cleaning up. Anyway point well taken and humor noted.
    18-4 ag