Would you recommend a bypass for my chlorinator

Apr 2, 2009
I just purchased a Goldline Pro Logic control unit with a chlorinator cell and am preparing for the installation. I notice that many people just plumb the cell right inline of the return pipes, but was wondering if it would be a good idea to install a bypass around it? If I were to install a bypass, how would I do that? I am thinking to add a valve before and after the cell and joining the two valves together with pipe to enable the bypass.

I like the idea of installing the bypass so that I can continue to run my pump when replacing or cleaning the cell. Anybody else do this?

Unless you have a very high flow rate pump, there isn't much point in plumbing a SWG cell bypass. If you want to be able to remove the cell and continue to use the pump, you can make a piece of straight pipe of the correct length and with the appropriate unions to connect in the same place the SWG cell usually goes. That almost never comes up, so most people don't bother.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.