0 free chlorine level!

I have a zero free chlorine reading With 5 total chlorine.
PH is at 7.6 Alkalinity 130 calcium hardness 320 stabilizer 100 and total dissolved solids of 600. Of course the local pool store is telling me that I need phosphate remover. But first they want me to Lower my alkalinity with Ph down.
My pool is an inground 12,000 gallon plaster chlorine pool with a pop up cleaning system . I just opened it after the winter. I've already given it 5 gallons of shock. Can anybody help me with this problem? Thank you I really appreciate it .

As Dave noted above, we first need to know how you got those test results. If it wasn't from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit, that really needs to be priority #1. Do NOT spend any money at the pool store. Those products off the shelf will do nothing. Most chemical adjustments can be done with simple household products (see the links below in my sig). With your own tester, please post future test results up & down as follows:
FC
CC
CYA
pH
TA
CH

It helps our old eyes. :crazy: Once you have (or confirm) the proper kit and understand basics of testing, you'll be surprised how easy it is to maintain your pool. Oh, and welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.