Hello!

cliptx

Mar 11, 2017
SE. TX
Hello, I am from SE Texas, I am a caregiver to my mother with Alzheimers, I have 3 kids, 2 in their mid 20s and married with one still in high school. We got the pool to teach our grandkids to swim and to help with my depression. My 1.5yr old at the time, couldn't swim but we got her to flip over and float and wiggle her way to the side of the pool. My 5yr old grand son is a little fish. We haven't even had it a full year and our kids and their families come over and we have pool parties and just love it. We have not had satisfactory pool chemical advice till we talked to our friend who recommended this site.

My first real trial is the green swamp monster pool I have from leaving it untouched through winter. We roughly have 7 or 8ish months of swim time. So it has been left alone for a while.

I watched the SLAM video over and over, took notes and read through the website. I finally think I know what is going to happen. I finally got the chemicals in order, dump bleach and wait an hour to test, then 2...then over night. Finally around 15hours later I had to add 3 cups of bleach. NOT what I was expecting.(not complaining mind you)

So digging through the forums, I have found that 1) Cool weather does not affect testing and 2) PH usually goes up when SLAMing the pool. Thank y'all so very much for the help so far and I look forward to learning more about pools

I have a 24ft round above ground pool with a sand filter.

Yes it does, it tests for Calcium Hardness, Cyanuric Acid, Free Chlorine, pH, Total Alkalinity, Total Bromine and Total Chlorine. I will see if I can find a FAS-DPD test kit so I can get a more accurate reading. Thank you.