Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone use a Suntouch Automation?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone use a Suntouch Automation?

Looking into an affordable Automation package to just run my Intelliflo VSP and SWGC IIC60. Anyone have any input or experience using Pentair 520820 SunTouch?

Thanks,
    Mike

Loc: So Cal Full Sunlight, IG 30'x15' Rectangle, 21,000gal w/ 2100gal Jac w/ Spillover
    (SWG) Pentair Intelli IC40, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed UEE Pump
    Pentair Mastertemp 400 Pool and Spa Heater
    Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter CCP-420
    Intellibright 5G Color Pool and Spa Lights, Hayward Nav Pro Pool Vac, Taylor-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone use a Suntouch Automation?

Suntouch is the cheapest way to do that. It also has a spa mode and can control your heater.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I've also been checking into Pentair IntelliTouch Load Center Sub Panel 521213 or Pentair 521213 Intellitouch Load Center for Pools with IntelliChlor Transformer. All I can find under $600, just figuring what most users like or experience are with these products.

Loc: So Cal Full Sunlight, IG 30'x15' Rectangle, 21,000gal w/ 2100gal Jac w/ Spillover
    Intellibright 5G Color Pool and Spa Lights, Hayward Nav Pro Pool Vac, Taylor-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

All Pentair automation works the same. The difference is in the features and the amount of stuff it can control or add on. It is easy to say oh, how about some more.

Suntouch is the lowest base model
    Easytouch is next and probably most popular here on TFP (you would probably want Easytouch 8)
    Intellitouch is the top end automation
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Right, back to the Easytouch as previously discussed. That's probably looks like the one. Thanks again.

6. Back To Top    #6

Alright! I have decided! Drum roll.........Pentair Easy Touch Control Base System 520538. Looks like this will be just what the Dr. Ordered, just have to figure out what part the PB will help out.
    Regardless I'm going to buy it and if I have to I'll put it in myself it's not going to be that difficult.

7. Back To Top    #7

Alright, sounds good, congrats!
    TFP Moderator