FAS-DPD test Kit (greetings from Chile!)

Dear community,

I've spent many hours reading the manuals and forums of TFP (very useful information!) and would really like to acquire a FAS-DPD test along with a cyanuric acid test to be able to remove the algae from my pool (apparently I have mustard and green algae). I switched from pucks to liquid chlorine but still see no results. I own one of those cheap kits to test ph and chlorine, but they are useless.

Anyway, I have been trying to get a FAS-DPD chlorine test but regretfully these products are not shipped to my country! The only ones I found were these two:

- Amazon.com : TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC R-0871-E FAS-DPD TITRATING 16 OZ : Swimming Pool Liquid Test Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IXJ1M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2P5I4NW0QQAX1

Although these could be useful to measure chlorine, I would still need at least a cyanuric acid test to be able to see if the levels are correct before slaming the pool... What I do not understand is why are there only a few products that can be shipped to my country. I found many taylor products but only few of the sellers offer international delivery. Does anybody know if I can contact someone from Taylor to see if it's possible to deliver a FAS-DPD test kit + cyanuric acid test kit? (I read some comments posted by members from Australia, but I don't know if the same applies for Chile). Or what would you recommend as an alternative to be able to acquire a FAS-DPD test?

Thanks for your comments!

Best regards
Francisco

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3706.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3707.jpg
    IMG_3707.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 78
Welcome to TFP!

Did you go to the Taylor website and look at the page for international sales? There is a company (blanking on that name 2 but it starts with H) that should do shipping for them. Not likely to be cheap though.

Many thanks! I have just sent an email to the two companies.

I looked at Taylor's website but the company you mentioned apparently is for Spain (not for Chile). Anyway I sent an email to the customer service so let's hope they are able to sent the products.

I was wondering, do you know if it is possible to "make" a kit by buying the different components locally? E.g. to buy the components of R-0871 and R-870 locally? If so, to make a FAS-DPD what should I ask for in a store?

Finally, in case I buy the two products of the links that I posted, would this be sufficient to perform a chlorine test, or would I need anything else?

Many thanks in advance.
Francisco

Dear Kim and Pooldv, thanks to both for your messages.

I noted that each Taylor product has a code (e.g. R-0871) but if I go to a local store or lab I don't think they would understand about what am I talking about if I ask for R-0871 Reagent =)

Therefore, how could I ask for these products locally?

Thanks!
Francisco

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The reagents should not be considered interchangeable between brands. Stick to one or the other for each test. LaMotte makes good test kids, maybe not quite as good as Taylor, but maybe we are spoiled/ biased ;)

In case Clear Choice doesn't ship to Chile

This mob did a good job for me:
Taylor FAS DPD Test Kit Chlorine - SERVICE SIZE K-2006C $139.99
International Shipping
Order the K-2006C (it has 60 ml bottles, not 22 ml as included in the K-2006A (aka K-2006)

You can scout around their site and I suggest some extras to combine in the same shipment and paperwork.
R-0870 DPD powder - 10 g bottle
R-0871 for FC - 60 ml
R-0004 for pH - 60 ml
R-0013 for CYA - 60 ml

That amount of stuff will get me through 2 years and I test a fair bit. I keep the spare bottles inside where there's air conditioning, and they're entirely fine 18 months later, and I think they'll be fine for a while yet. You're probably up for around US$250 plus local tax, duty and/or facilitation expenses. It takes longer to pay off with savings than our American friends, but you'll be ahead financially, not to mention pool water safety and sparkle!

From this page, you can also find the Taylor speed stirrer, which everyone swears by. If you go for it, order an extra magnet in case you lose your first one down the drain or in the garden when dumping out a sample :) Replacement Parts

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :) Let us know which way you go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.