Green pool now cloudy

Mar 14, 2017
Excel al
My pool was green and smelled like swamp water. I balanced the ph and added liquid bleach. 4 gallons. The water changed colors almost immediately but now it's super cloudy.

Ph 7.2
Al 60
Th 110
C 4
CA not readable

help!! I've added stabilizer in a sock to my skimmer

Hi Rvirgil1,
the slam is a process, not a one time shot. Here are the step by step instructions.
Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

The cloudiness is a good thing. That's what happens when you pour bleach into a pool full of algae. The cloudiness will get lighter and lighter as you continue the slam process, until you finally finish and your water is crystal clear.
I thought I did. The readings on my chlorine turned bright orange.

My pool was green and smelled like swamp water. I balanced the ph and added liquid bleach. 4 gallons. The water changed colors almost immediately but now it's super cloudy.

Ph 7.2
Al 60
Th 110
C 4
CA not readable

help!! I've added stabilizer in a sock to my skimmer
Welcome!

If that was 10% chlorine you added 13ppm to the pool. Were your test results before or after adding the 4 gallons, and what test kit do you use?

How much stabilizer did you put in the sock?

As already mentioned, the pool needs a proper SLAM. Ask any questions you might have, but remember that the most important part if the SLAM is to Maintain that FC level until you pass all three criteria to end the SLAM. You will not believe how clear the pool water will be when you are done.

You need a better test kit. Your test kit seems to be lacking functions. I suggest the TF-100 avail thru TFTestkits.net $70, but will save you a fortune in the long run, I promise!

Please tell us:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

We need those levels to determine what you have and where you need to be.

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.