Raised Spa/Jacuzzi - cracked tile line repair

lf-pool

Silver Supporter
May 17, 2013
Hello,

I have a crack around my spa/jacuzzi. I ripped off the waterline tile, cut a 2" band, and a secondary 3/8" band on the crack itself. I stuffed Quikrete hydraulic cement in the secondary band. However I still need to fill the primary band. It's 2" high and 1.5" deep. I have about 15' to cover and have a few questions. What is the spa wall normally made of? And what material an I use to fil this gap? It's behind waterline tile so wondering if I can I just use concrete?

IMG_3536.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Yes, concrete is fine to use there. Is there an expansion joint between the coping and the deck? Hard to tell, but if not that could be part of the problem.

On the way out I noticed the title says raised. So, maybe not relevant.

Thank you for the reply pooldv. Yes, I had the pool guys add in an expansion joint around the perimeter of our pool and spa.

For waterline tile, I have thinset and grout from the pool store. If concrete is used and knowing hat its porous, would the grout or thinset prevent water for leaving the spa?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.