Suntouch solar controller help please

Mar 14, 2017
Rocklin
They installed a Suntouch solar controller for my pool. I don't have a spa or hot tub. I just need to know how to turn it on and off and how to set temperatures. I tried the manual but seems I just can't figure it out after several attempts. Even my pool maintenance guy has no clue. I tried Google but could not find a simple answer. Maybe I can get some help here? Thanks.....

Ken,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions... :drown:

Pentair is not known for easy to read manuals... :rant:

First, who are "they" and if they installed it, why won't they come out and get it running?

That said, if you can provide a little more info, I suspect there are people here that can help..

What is it that you want the system to do? (It can do several different things)

What type of pump do you have? Single speed, two speed or variable speed? Who makes the pump?

What type of heater?

If you can provide that info, we'll see what we can do..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Ken,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions... :drown:

Pentair is not known for easy to read manuals... :rant:

First, who are "they" and if they installed it, why won't they come out and get it running?

That said, if you can provide a little more info, I suspect there are people here that can help..

What is it that you want the system to do? (It can do several different things)

What type of pump do you have? Single speed, two speed or variable speed? Who makes the pump?

What type of heater?

If you can provide that info, we'll see what we can do..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks for responding. It was set up by the company who installed it. But I turned it off for winter. The pump is one of those variable speeds and I don't know the brand name. I know it's one of the best as it cost around $1,000 for the pump alone. So I am turning on the solar for summer and reading the instructions I can't tell how to check to see if it's on and correct temp setting. I can pay $80 to have someone come out but would rather try and figure it out. I'm 68 and maybe I am confused reading the manual. I tried to find a youtube video but none showed a simple startup and setting temp. The heat is solar panels on the roof. No spa or hot tub, just pool. Thanks

The menus are a little difficult to scroll through and not that intuitive on Pentair automation for sure. It should go something like this. Solar Heat on/off, select ON. That should do it, if it worked last year then all the other settings for pump, temp, etc will still be retained.

The menus are a little difficult to scroll through and not that intuitive on Pentair automation for sure. It should go something like this. Solar Heat on/off, select ON. That should do it, if it worked last year then all the other settings for pump, temp, etc will still be retained.

That's too easy.....LOL but I tried it and it works. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.