Lower CYA?

mcase

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 27, 2009
Galveston, Tx
I had used Trichlor for many, many years. I discovered the BBB method in March. The CYA had been running around 90. The pH had been stable since I began testing with the TF 100 kit. Chlorine jumped around. I use the pool very little, have never had a CC reading register. June 8 my readings were TC 7, pH 7.6, TA 160, CYA 90. I drained water from the pool today and after refilling, the readings are TC 7 pH 7.2, TA 130, CYA 65. I'm ready to work on the TA. Should I wait a few days to see how the pH fares, or should get it down to 7.0? I have a lot of aeration built into my pool.

Interesting title choice - your issue is about your TA, since your CYA is now more acceptable :wink:

I would leave it alone, monitor your levels, and as the PH rises to 7.8 use acid to lower it back down to 7.2. Each acid addition will also lower the TA. Eventually both should be where you want them, at the recommended level. No reason to rush the process, your numbers don't look bad at all. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.