Tile buildup

Robord

Mar 13, 2017
El Paso texas
I've had a in ground pool for 6 years now. Did the maintenance myself and so far so good with the exception of scale build up on the tile in spa and pool and some staining. Water is hard in west Texas and I'm looking to blast it with baking soda as a quick fix.

I'm looking for a way to keep the tile clean longer. Someone recommended a device to clamp to one of the pipes and it's supposed to cut down on the scale but skeptical of whether it really works.

The other issue is some stains in some areas and [FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]was thinking of an acid wash to clean up the stains. Have had some algae but I can clean that up so I don't think that's what is causing the stains. Looking for someone to point me in the right direction on these issues. Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

Hi! I am glad you found TFP and your pool will be glad after we get done with it!

A picture will be the most helpful thing you can share with us so we can see what you are dealing with.

I would also like to ask how you have been testing your water.

Kim:kim:

Welcome to TFP!

It is fairly easy to avoid scale by managing pH and TA in conjunction with your CH level. A good test kit is the first step. I use the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net.

In PoolMath, link at top of each page, after you enter all of your test results it will calculate your CSI. Tweak PH and TA to keep the CSI between -0.6 and +0.6. If you keep it on the negative side it will help to dissolve the scale that is already there. More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Thanks for the replies. I've been testing with the Pentair kit that the builder supplied, I suppose a new kit maybe a good idea.

Ill read the link that was provided and try to figure out the size of the pool, it got a weird shape to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.