Water Feature only runs when Polaris is running - Filter on high, I believe.

framo

Mar 13, 2017
Texas
Hi, Guys.

We have a simple water feature. One tube that comes up from a 3x3 block of tile. It just shoots water out of the tube for some ambient noise and also keeps the water moving. Issue we are having, the water feature ONLY shoots out water when the Polaris is running and I think this is also when the filter is on high. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
F

F,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for Texans with pool questions... :testkit:

It would help if we knew more about your pool and equipment.

What type of pump do you have? Sounds like a 2-speed or variable speed pump. Do you have an automation system? If not, what changes the pump from low speed to high speed?

What kind of filter do you have, and what is the filter pressure on low and on high?

Assuming this used to work on low speed, and now only works on high speed, my first "guess" is that your filter is dirty.

A picture of your equipment pad would also help us help you...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Hi, Jim - you were correct. I looked at the filter and it was 15psi above normal. Did a backwash and all is back to normal. New pool owner, here so I'm trying to get a handle on everything. Next step is figuring out how to test water, etc. - Thanks!

F,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for Texans with pool questions... :testkit:

It would help if we knew more about your pool and equipment.

What type of pump do you have? Sounds like a 2-speed or variable speed pump. Do you have an automation system? If not, what changes the pump from low speed to high speed?

What kind of filter do you have, and what is the filter pressure on low and on high?

Assuming this used to work on low speed, and now only works on high speed, my first "guess" is that your filter is dirty.

A picture of your equipment pad would also help us help you...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, Dom. I do but none that affect the water feature. I did a backwash and everything is back to normal. :)

F,

Thanks for the feedback...

The reason TFP exists is to show people how to test their own pool water, and then using our Pool Math calculator, determine exactly what needs to be done to keep your pool crystal clear and chemically balanced.

It sounds complex, but like everything else, easy-peasy once you perform the test a couple of times.

If you go to the Pool $tore, they will try to sell you all kinds of miracle cures that do nothing but take money out of your pocket and put it into theirs...

Here at TFP, you basically only need Liquid Chlorine and Muriatic acid. No shocking your pool on a weekly basis.

But as with anything, you have to have the right tool for the job. We recommend the TF-100 test kit. You cannot buy this kit in a pool store or Wal-Mart.

Here is a link... http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjI05ruo9fSAhXMzlQKHfUrB-8QFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftftestkits.net%2F&usg=AFQjCNFi8YGJqTumA3eo0MoFaIcJ3tJANw&bvm=bv.149397726,d.cGw

I also suggest you read our Pool School... The link is at the top of this page.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi, Jim. I probably should get a handle on what equipment I have first. We have a chlorine feeder and a Polaris Watermatic box that provides us with the PH. Probably just need to figure that out I would imagine.

F,

If your pool is working like it is, and you don't have problems with it turning cloudy and green, or with that public pool smell, then I suggest you just continue to do what you are doing.

But, if you have those problems or just want to stop making the Pool Store richer, we are here to help.

Just let us know.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.