Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FNS filter size

1. Back To Top    #1

FNS filter size

Can anyone help me out with a hopefully simple question? Bought a house with some aging pool equipment. There are no markings on the filter but figured out it was the FNS Plus. It measures 48 inches to the top of the tank (56 to top of the gauge).

I found a manual online but could only find info about installation clearance and size of filter grids. No info about external dimensions of different models.

Can anyone tell me the model and sq ft. For this filter? I need to know how much DE to add.

Thanks!
    33K gal & spa, IG plaster, DE-36inch Pentair FNS plus, Century 2 speed pump (3450/1725 RPM, 1.5~.19 HP, total HP 2.21, SF 1.47, SF Amps 10.0/1.6), booster pump, Spa blower, installed >15 yr, Intelichlor IC60 SWG, Hayward Phoenix suction cleaner, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FNS filter size

FNSP 60. Part number = 180009. Size = 60 sq. ft.

Height to top of gauge is given as 55”.

http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...filters-61.htm

Click on dimensional drawings.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: FNS filter size

Perfect. Thank you.
    33K gal & spa, IG plaster, DE-36inch Pentair FNS plus, Century 2 speed pump (3450/1725 RPM, 1.5~.19 HP, total HP 2.21, SF 1.47, SF Amps 10.0/1.6), booster pump, Spa blower, installed >15 yr, Intelichlor IC60 SWG, Hayward Phoenix suction cleaner, TF-100