Anyone with experience with ProTeam Metal Magic?

JuYuHu

Mar 7, 2017
Houston, TX
We have a new pool build. I noticed a couple of rust colored stains, and my pool builder said to purchase a metal stain remover. I purchased ProTeam Metal Magic, 2 quarts and followed the instructions the store gave me according to the label.

Has anyone had any success with this? Or any issues? The clerk said some cloudiness may develop but that it's normal and to make sure we rinse out the cartridges after. She said to run the pump continuously for 48 hours but that results may not be seen for 7 days.

Thanks for any feedback!

I believe that ProTeam's Metal Magic is a sequestrant not a stain remover. It will sequester the iron but may not lift the stain. There is more here about identifying the stain and then a link to the AA treatment to remove the stain. Then the sequestrant should help.

Pool School - Pool Stains

Ugh... I guess the store clerk did not know what she was talking about as I specifically asked for a stain remover. :(

So for the vitamin C rub... the stain is on the 6 foot end... how is this usually done? Do I dive down and just try to scrub it? Thnx for letting me know about Metal Magic

If the water is too cold you can crush some up in a sock and hold it down there with the brush. Or toss a few tablets in there and move them to the stain if you miss.

Has anyone had any success with this?

Greeting and sorry I missed your post earlier -- I was a heavy metal magic user before changing to saltwater. MM will in fact lift light iron staining if applied in sufficient quantities...there's a sponge test to perform to which I can link you later.

However, for spot treatment on a new pool, what I would recommend instead is applying Ascorbic Acid directly using either a dishwasher wand tube if its in reach, or the pool tool to which I will link you.

Either way its good that you now have sequestrant in the water, because it will bind the iron released when you lift the stain. So no worries.

Link to pool tool...note it says its for use with muriatic acid, which you can also use and which is better for copper staining, but you CAN load it with powdered AA and let the water seep in a bit to release the mild acid: https://www.amazon.com/Purity-Pool-OS-Stain-Remover/dp/B004VLB3VE

If you want a cheap date on AA, here's a link: the vendor is a good guy with good product Amazon.com: Duda Energy asc1f Bag of L-Ascorbic Acid Powder 99+% Food Grade USP36/BP2012 Naturally Fermented Pure White Crystals Form of Vitamin C, 1 lb.: Industrial Scientific

And just so you know (though this is not the right treatment in a new pool with just a few spots) here's the MM PDF : http://www.proteampoolcare.com/images/uploads/MetalMagicSpongeTest.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.