Heading for Boston area for a week.

Mama Maria for dinner and Mike's Pastries for desert both in the North End.

USS Constituion (during the day) in Charlestown.

Walk across the Harvard Bridge and measure how many "smoots" you are.

Walk down Newbury St from Massachusetts Ave. to Arlington Ave and stop at the Boston Public Gardens and go visit the "Cheers Bar" (outside shot from the TV show) on the corner of Brimmer & Beacon Streets.

That should keep you busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can take the Framingham/Worcester line (Commuter Rail) into Boston and then hop on the T (Orange line to any other line) from there. It beats driving into Boston and is really cheap.

That's the beauty of the old east coast cities - public transportation can actually work there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your best bet is to use the commuter rail to get into to Boston and then switch over to the T to get around. Worst case scenario is you get stranded in Dorchester and have to mix it up with some southies....

Just remember, words with "-ar-" in them are pronounced like an -ah-

Harvard = H(ah)v(ah)d
Park = p(ah)k

Matt,
Another transplant in Tucson from Boston? I was the Fire Chief in Hingham for ten years before moving to Tucson.

Bob,
Enjoy that two feet of snow they are getting. It might just interfer with a trip to Quincy Market and walking the Freedom Trail. Boston is a great city to see on foot, just not this time of year, or at least right now.

Boston is my favorite city to visit. Used to go regularly for work. My son is in Cambridge for school and we get up there at least once a year to see him now.

Don't try to drive right into town, especially during rush hour. Public transit is great.

The North End (T and walk). Cape Cod (Drive) . Lexington/Concord (Drive) and the Revolutionary War sites. Boston Common (T and walk), with Cheers right across the street. Not really worth going inside though. Mikes Pastries, L'Osteria for Italian food.

Legal Seafood is pretty good and there is a location north of Natick.

It's hard to even think because there is something interesting just about everywhere you turn. Study up so you don't miss the good stuff. Plymouth Rock isn't too far, but not much worth seeing IMO.

Matt,
Another transplant in Tucson from Boston? I was the Fire Chief in Hingham for ten years before moving to Tucson.

I went to that little engineering school on Mass Ave on the Charles River ;)

Met my wife in Boston and we lived there for many years. Our plan someday is to take the kids back there for a long trip where we travel from Boston to D.C. and hit all the sites in between.

Bob,

If you find one (they're a chain), try a Sporky pizza at Bertucci's. That was a favorite weekly night out to eat for us....

Spooooooooorkie.....you want the sporkie....you need the sporkie....you must eat the spooooooooorkie....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.