Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading for Boston area for a week.

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Heading for Boston area for a week.

Anything interesting I should see in the evenings?
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Mama Maria for dinner and Mike's Pastries for desert both in the North End.

USS Constituion (during the day) in Charlestown.

Walk across the Harvard Bridge and measure how many "smoots" you are.

Walk down Newbury St from Massachusetts Ave. to Arlington Ave and stop at the Boston Public Gardens and go visit the "Cheers Bar" (outside shot from the TV show) on the corner of Brimmer & Beacon Streets.

That should keep you busy.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Heading for Boston area for a week.

Anything over towards Natick?
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

USS Constitution is great. Oldest ship in the Navy! And I think oldest active ship in the world
    24ft x 52in AGP 18000 gal
    sand filter, 200#,1.5 hp single speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

5. Back To Top    #5

You can take the Framingham/Worcester line (Commuter Rail) into Boston and then hop on the T (Orange line to any other line) from there. It beats driving into Boston and is really cheap.

That's the beauty of the old east coast cities - public transportation can actually work there.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Does the comuter line run in the evening?

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep

Matt

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Wicked! Thanks.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Matt

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Thank you oh so much!

11. Back To Top    #11

Your best bet is to use the commuter rail to get into to Boston and then switch over to the T to get around. Worst case scenario is you get stranded in Dorchester and have to mix it up with some southies....

Just remember, words with "-ar-" in them are pronounced like an -ah-

Harvard = H(ah)v(ah)d
    Park = p(ah)k

Matt

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Wicked good!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Matt,
    Another transplant in Tucson from Boston? I was the Fire Chief in Hingham for ten years before moving to Tucson.

Bob,
    Enjoy that two feet of snow they are getting. It might just interfer with a trip to Quincy Market and walking the Freedom Trail. Boston is a great city to see on foot, just not this time of year, or at least right now.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, H400 & Heliocol Solar, Dolphin S-300, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit, Smart Home/Alexa pool control

14. Back To Top    #14

Boston is my favorite city to visit. Used to go regularly for work. My son is in Cambridge for school and we get up there at least once a year to see him now.

Don't try to drive right into town, especially during rush hour. Public transit is great.

The North End (T and walk). Cape Cod (Drive) . Lexington/Concord (Drive) and the Revolutionary War sites. Boston Common (T and walk), with Cheers right across the street. Not really worth going inside though. Mikes Pastries, L'Osteria for Italian food.

Legal Seafood is pretty good and there is a location north of Natick.

It's hard to even think because there is something interesting just about everywhere you turn. Study up so you don't miss the good stuff. Plymouth Rock isn't too far, but not much worth seeing IMO.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    Matt,
    Another transplant in Tucson from Boston? I was the Fire Chief in Hingham for ten years before moving to Tucson.
    I went to that little engineering school on Mass Ave on the Charles River

Met my wife in Boston and we lived there for many years. Our plan someday is to take the kids back there for a long trip where we travel from Boston to D.C. and hit all the sites in between.

Bob,

If you find one (they're a chain), try a Sporky pizza at Bertucci's. That was a favorite weekly night out to eat for us....

Matt

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Just landed

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Enjoy!! Boston is my next vacation...don't know when, but I hope to make it happen this fall or next year.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

18. Back To Top    #18

Spooooooooorkie.....you want the sporkie....you need the sporkie....you must eat the spooooooooorkie....

Matt

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Que pasa?

20. Back To Top    #20

Bertucci's. Find a Bertucci's.

Bertucci's Italian Restaurant | Brick Oven Pizza | Bertuccis.com

And don't forget the pizza dough rolls and endless bowl of salad....

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast