New build: 18x40 igp rectangle 90 degree corners, in over-taxed ny

Your pool is really coming along! We love having the gray granite liner. The color will be really gorgeous when your water clears up.
34616422855_af42ba3f68_c.jpg

Hopefully your sparky gets there, but if need be, you can add some chlorine and stir it around with your pool brush. Or buy a $40/$50 submersible pump and drop it in to circulate the water (but with no swimming while it's in there of course)

Finally electrician came to get pump going. Started it yesterday at 4pm. Put 10 gallons of liquid chlorine in and 3lbs of stabilizer I think. I just now see bottom of shallow end a little! Going to get water tested again later today to see how numbers look.

- - - Updated - - -

Yours looks great!

- - - Updated - - -

Your pool is really coming along! We love having the gray granite liner. The color will be really gorgeous when your water clears up.
34616422855_af42ba3f68_c.jpg
Yours looks great!

I see you say "get the water tested today"...........you do not have your own test kit? If not you really need to get one of your own. I know the pool $tore will test it for free but they get it so wrong so many times and will try to sell you stuff you really don't need. Look in my siggy below on the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

Have you added any CYA (stabilizer) yet? If not you need to as it acts as a sunscreen for you FC (Free chlorine).

I am going to share a set of links I put together for a new pool owner. It is a lot of info so go slow and ask LOTS of questions:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

SO what is next and when??

Kim:kim:

I see you say "get the water tested today"...........you do not have your own test kit? If not you really need to get one of your own. I know the pool $tore will test it for free but they get it so wrong so many times and will try to sell you stuff you really don't need. Look in my siggy below on the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

Have you added any CYA (stabilizer) yet? If not you need to as it acts as a sunscreen for you FC (Free chlorine).

I am going to share a set of links I put together for a new pool owner. It is a lot of info so go slow and ask LOTS of questions:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

SO what is next and when??

Thanks for info!, yes a lot for us to learn we are getting there slowly.

Water getting there much clearer!, can see deep end main drains now!

will be vacuuming soon!

using testing strips from pool kit and have TF-100 on order...

Attachments

• IMG_6430.jpg
    IMG_6430.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_6431.jpg
    IMG_6431.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 362
Pentair sending someone on Wednesday to fix heat pump. Hope it's something easy to fix or I'm going to ask for new unit.

electric is all finished up as of yesterday.

here are few pics water really clear now!

Attachments

• IMG_6459.jpg
    IMG_6459.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_6477.jpg
    IMG_6477.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_6482.jpg
    IMG_6482.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_6474.jpg
    IMG_6474.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_6485.jpg
    IMG_6485.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 323

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Getting water chemistry good:

Chlorine: 3
alkalinity: 100
CH: 129
cyanuric acid: 35 (added more so should be close to 60 now)
ph: 7.4

intellichlor: 20% with pump on 9am-9pm

- - - Updated - - -

Glued down some fullnose coping...went pretty good , comers be a little tricky, not there yet...

Attachments

• IMG_6511.jpg
    IMG_6511.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_6512.jpg
    IMG_6512.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 264
8 foot diving board from S.R. With salt system base...

- - - Updated - - -

Turbo twister from S.R.Smith in granite...

- slide works awesomebest way to enter pool!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6542.jpg
    IMG_6542.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_6544.jpg
    IMG_6544.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 217
Love it!!! I bet that slide is fast with the angle! Does the board bounce good?

Diving board bounces pretty well well I think and slide is pretty fast. Kids like to go down head first most of time.

- - - Updated - - -

As planned I waited to start pavers so things would settle over summer... I started this past week will post some pics soon...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.