New build: 18x40 igp rectangle 90 degree corners, in over-taxed ny

- pic of 10 inch jig set up in form waiting for cement pour soon.
- pic of pool dimentions
- pic of pool back filled around edges
- two boxes delivered with turbo twister slide
- pic of the week after pool frame was in, 26inches of snow we got!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6293.jpg
    IMG_6293.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_6155.jpg
    IMG_6155.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_6174.jpg
    IMG_6174.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_6267.jpg
    IMG_6267.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_6200.jpg
    IMG_6200.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 440
electrician finally came on Thursday and Friday, he got conduit for lights done and panel outside done as well, and bonding. inspected for bonding around pool i got yesterday. i have things pretty well formed up for monday to pour cement apron around edge, diving board, and slide pad....but of course its been raining all day today and may tomorrow as well. not sure if cement truck will get back ok or not....getting a little worried i may have to cancel cement and wait.....mother nature seems to know i'm putting a pool in and she not approving!!!

I hate to say wait but I am going to.........that truck will do some damage/ruts/valleys if it is dry. No telling how bad it will be so wet :( NOW you can ask them to build an extra long chute and do it that way. They may or may not do so.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
spent last several days getting ready for todays pour and the rain just won't stop. it rained all night long. yesterday had some sun and dried it out enough i think, but the night time rain just too much. just called and moved cement to Wednesday....had to be done...oh well no biggy...

It started as a slow week but a lot has happened!

- Monday I had to reschedule cement for Wednesday due to rain.

-as you can see from pics first one is prior to cement and second is after.

- used 7 yards of cement and I had my brother and father help me thank god it was a lot to get off truck in timely manor.
- diving board pad was 8'x4'x15" deep (apprx 1.43 yards), recommended was 8'x4'x6" deep
- slide pad was 15'x7'x6" (approx. 1.95 yards), recommended was 13'x6'x4" deep
- the rest was used for APRON approx 11" from pool edge out and varied in depth from 8"-11" deep.
- took 1hr and 15 minutes to get all off truck using tractor bucket to move cement to narrow spots once diving board and slide pad were done.

- once cement was done on Wednesday I let PB they can come do liner when ever he can fit me in..............WELL THEY ARE HERE NOW CLEANING OUT POOL AND GETTING LINER READY FOR LATER TODAY OR TOMORROW MORNING!!!, I HAVE LOCAL FIRE TRUCKS LINED UP FOR TOMORROW OR SUNDAY TO GET ME 20-25K GALLONS OF WATER ONCE LINER IN. THEN ONCE MY ELECTRICIAN CAN GET REST OF POOL EQUIPMENT HOOKED UP WE SHOULD ACTUALLY HAVE A FUNCTIONING POOL!!!

IT FEELS LIKE A LONG PRCESS THAT MAY FINALLY BE GETTING CLOSE AND FOR ANYONE WHO HAS PUT A POOL IN I THINK THEY KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Attachments

• IMG_6328.jpg
    IMG_6328.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_6336.jpg
    IMG_6336.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 335
Oh my! I'm so glad the rain finally stopped. I wish whoever turned off the rain for you would turn off the wind for me! Sheesh!

I love the pool design and the liner. You are soooo close. I need pictures of the fire trucks filling up the pool, pretty please. My boys will love it!

Busy day!!!

-electritian came at 5:45 am to pull string in conduit for lights

- pool builders there at 7am to give one more clean and instal liner with vacuum hooked up. liner in by 11am

- local fire truck came and starting filling at 1:30pm

- 25K gallons in so far (i think 5 truck loads of water), one more truck load of water coming in morning to finish it up. water taken from lake. i had it tested already and no metals in it which i was told was good.

- pump to be working tomorrow and will shock it with 10 gallons of liquid clorine

- and most importantly is ALL THE KIDS ALREADY BEEN IN POOL!, water temp was 70 degrees so not too bad.

- we LOVE the liner color, of course water looks like it came from a lake (it did of course) so it will take a bit to get water up to speed.

Attachments

• IMG_6362.jpg
    IMG_6362.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_6366.jpg
    IMG_6366.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_6376.jpg
    IMG_6376.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_6391.jpg
    IMG_6391.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_6404.jpg
    IMG_6404.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 321
How exciting!!! Yeah that water needs some love aka bleach! Your filter will be getting a work out for sure! I don't see your filter in your siggy. Can you please add it and your test kit as those are very important items we look for when we are "working" on a pool.

Kim:kim:

Took 6th firetruck load for approx 30k gallons...

still waiting on electrition to get pump going!!! Was suppose to be Sunday morning, then Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday and hopefully tomorrow (Thursday) he promised this time so.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.