Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vegas O/B - What should I budget?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vegas O/B - What should I budget?

Hey Guys!
    Great forum you have here, I dont think Ive seen this much good info in one place in a long time.

I just purchased a house in Las Vegas and Im looking to build an infinity edge pool. I've attached some pictures of my backyard and some examples of what Id like to do.

My backyard isnt huge so Im thinking a 14' x 28' rectangle with an 8x8 spa.

Before I begin, Im looking to see what you all think I should set my budget to.

Has anyone here owner-built an infinity-edge pool before?

Thanks!
    -Geoff

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vegas O/B - What should I budget?

That's probably more correctly referred to as a zero-edge, just so it isn't confused with a typical "infinity edge". They're pretty to look at but I wouldn't own one. I'd bet you'd be pushing $85k . . .
    17' x 30' rectangle pool, two 7' x 7' baja decks, 6' x 8' raised spa. Hayward 2HP VSP for features, filter and returns. 2HP single speed for 9 spa jets. 1HP blower for spa bubbles. In-Floor cleaning, Cartridge filter, AquaConnect automation, 400K BTU NG heater. Plaster is Stonescapes mini-pebble in Aqua Blue + abalone shell TF-100 Text from Neighbor -- They're digging your pool!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by BigEinAZ View Post
    That's probably more correctly referred to as a zero-edge, just so it isn't confused with a typical "infinity edge". They're pretty to look at but I wouldn't own one. I'd bet you'd be pushing $85k . . .
    OUCH! Why soo much more?

4. Back To Top    #4

$85k isn't really high for a custom gunite pool.

The type you show is also referred to as a perimeter overflow pool.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

Vegas O/B - What should I budget?

Welcome to the forum!
    I live in Vegas and I'm currently building a pool as well as several others here. I am not doing an infinity edge but I did ask a pool builder what the cost to add one and he said it would be a extra 12-15k. With that being said I would imagine that as a OB you could get it done for 4-7k depending on the materials and pumps you use.
    As I been going through the OB route some of the main things that drive cost up are
    1. Decking ( what type and how many sq ft)
    2. Type of equipment. If you decide to go with automation or infloor cleaners etc
    3. How many water features and what type you choose to go with
    4. Type of pool finish you choose and the tiles. Meaning if you choose a standard plaster or a higher end mini pebble with glass beads. As far as tile you can go from simple water line tile to pretty glass tiles.
    If you could answer some of these questions there are members that could put you in a better ball park. All things being equal I would say you would be in the ball park of 50-60k

current build<--free form gunite 34x21 18k gallons 4ft-7ft deep,Pentair 3HP VSP, wisperflo 2hp, 520 cartridge filter, 400k heater, ez touch 8 with screen logic, ic40 swg. 4ft sheer decent, 2 led deck jets, 5 globrite leds,rock spa waterfall. Mocha travertine deck, noche coping. Tropics blue custom mix with LOTS of beads and shells

6. Back To Top    #6

Geoff,

BigWill and I are both starting our builds and due to the great people of this forum have a good list of subs. If you need any help please ask any of us.
    Almost completed. 35x16 3.5/5.5/4. 7x10 Wet deck with one color cascade bubbler. Three 24" sheer descents. JR Smith typhoon water slide. 420 SF filter, Intelliflo VS pump and whisperflow feature pump. IC 40 SWG. ScreenLogic automation. 80% solar heating coverage. Noche travertine coping with ivory pavers. Outdoor kitchen with Bull appliances. Doheny Discovery robot.

7. Back To Top    #7

IMAZ,

I would love to get my hands on a list of your subs! TIA!