Can I use up my CalHypo?

From your numbers and I've assumed water temp of around 60F, you are around -0.4 CSI so that you means that you should be right to add some CalHypo. How much have you got available/planning to add?

Your CSI number will also go upwards as the water warms up but then you can then work on bringing your TA back to 60 if is starts getting too high which should also help to stabilise the upward movement of your pH.

I think the best way to do it is grab a bucket and fill it with water and pour in the CalHypo and mix well. Pour it in front of a return and any undissolved stuff sitting on the bottom of the bucket just refill with water and repeat the process until it's gone. If any gets left on the bottom of the pool just brush it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No. I mean throw it away and just stick to bkeach.
How much cal-hypo are we talking about? One pound (16oz) of 73% Cal-hypo will add 6.2ppm to FC and 4.4ppm to CH. If you used 5 pounds over the course of a few weeks you would add 22ppm to your CH.

Okay with me. Can anybody watch that? I could bring Calvin if he has interest. Went by your house today but didn't have any balls. Looks like and underground pipe broke in your area.
I'm guessing wrong thread?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.