Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite says "No Flow"

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite says "No Flow"

Our AquaRite SWG is showing "no flow". We have checked the connections and cleaned out the pump filter basket and still shows "no flow". Anything else we can try before calling the pool tech?
    17,000 gallon inground pool; Plaster redone January 2015; Pentair Cartridge Filter; SWG; Age of pool unknown (house built in 1973); Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.; Doheny Discovery robot cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaRite says "No Flow"

Lisa,

Well, logically, there is either not enough water flowing through the SWG or the flow switch is broken.

One thing that can cause the lack of flow through the SWCG is a dirty filter.

What does the filter pressure gauge read? When was the last time you cleaned the filter cartridge?

If you can feel a strong flow of water coming out of your pool return eyeballs, then it would most likely be the flow switch.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

The pressure gauge is at 7 and we went ahead and cleaned the filters. They were not that dirty and the "no flow' light is still on so is probably the flow switch. Will call the pool tech tomorrow. Thank you Jim!
    17,000 gallon inground pool; Plaster redone January 2015; Pentair Cartridge Filter; SWG; Age of pool unknown (house built in 1973); Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.; Doheny Discovery robot cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Check your skimmer doors. One of mine was ajar and not freely flapping, causing a slight dam effect which caused me to receive the no flow or low flow issue. This was right after one of the first visits by the PB pool tech giving me pool school. I called him on the phone and we discovered the skimmer door ajar. Actually was some concrete in the little hole the door nodes should stick in, so that allowed it to not sit right. Anyway, just a thought.
    Good luck!
    19x32 Freeform Gunite IG pool, 14,500 gallons, 3.5 x 5 x 4, 313 sq ft decking, AquaBright(Blue Mist), 2.0 HP Jandy EPump,Cleaner Booster pump, CV 460 SqFt Jandy Cartridge filter, Aqualink w/PDA, Fusion-Salt System, 2 LED, Jandy Heat/Cool Pump 140K BT, Polaris 3900 w/Pump My Build