I bit the dust!

pooldv

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
I bit the dust stepping off the deck! Landed in a hole and sprained the heck out of my ankle! It is GIANT! My wife laughed at me while I was rolling around on the ground whining. :) Just in time for spring! I had lots of outside plans for next week. Dang it!

IMG_20170311_155035.jpg

IMG_20170311_155031.jpg

DANNY!!!!!!! OH NO! Well that gives you more time with the computer! Of course it is the same side you threw the log at :roll:

Okay you know the drill! ICE and Elevation. Aleve (naproxen) for pain and it helps with inflammation. Do you have crutches? Walgreens has a some if you need them.

Kim:kim:

Yep, leg is up, iced, and vodka is flowing! It was handy, I needed some more ice in my glass and I had a nice bag full right there. Yes, unfortunately I already own crutches. :)

TAN is right! I got to get out in the sun!

Danny, that looks bad! Did you get it checked? I can sympathize! I have done that to my ankles and knees more times than I care to count. I'm a klutz.

Just a friendly medical PSA- alcohol and naproxen or ibuprofen puts one at high risk for a GI bleed, and alcohol with Tylenol/acetaminophen could well damage your liver. These are a few of the patients I get to care for in ICU :)

RICE- Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation

Danny,

Not to rub salt into your swollen ankle, but my wife fell a few months ago and it looked very similar. Took her to the emergency room and it turned out she had a hairline fracture. Doctor said it was not unusual.

She went to her orthopedic Doctor, who confirmed the diagnoses and he put her in a boot for 6 weeks. No driving, pretty much no nothing...

At first it did not look too bad to me, but the next day it was really swollen.

Get better soon.. At least it did not effect your typing fingers... :D

Jim R.

Thanks for the nurse tips! :) How about alcohol and a few aspirin? I can stop the aspirin if it's bad for me. :-D

Yes, I did go to a clinic for an x-ray just to be on the safe side. I am a pro bone breaker and I was pretty sure it wasn't broken. But, I did break that ankle in three places when I was a teenager (just a few year ago actually :)) so I wanted to make sure. Yeah, it is by far the worst sprain I've ever had. Too bad I can't float in the pool yet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm glad to know you got it checked and it's not broken!! I'm sorry you can't float away your recovery time :(

Sorry, Danny, aspirin and alcohol can produce a stomach bleed as well.
Here's the official position (since you asked and to educate others) Do not drink alcohol while taking aspirin. Alcohol can increase your risk of stomach bleeding caused by aspirin. Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines. This includes black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.

Blessings!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.