Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I bit the dust!

1. Back To Top    #1

I bit the dust!

I bit the dust stepping off the deck! Landed in a hole and sprained the heck out of my ankle! It is GIANT! My wife laughed at me while I was rolling around on the ground whining. Just in time for spring! I had lots of outside plans for next week. Dang it!

IMG_20170311_155035.jpg

IMG_20170311_155031.jpg
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I bit the dust!

Rub a little spit on it and it'll be just fine. Get well soon.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Man up, and.......(for heavens sake)..........TAN up!

and break out some of those frozen shot glasses.....................
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

DANNY!!!!!!! OH NO! Well that gives you more time with the computer! Of course it is the same side you threw the log at

Okay you know the drill! ICE and Elevation. Aleve (naproxen) for pain and it helps with inflammation. Do you have crutches? Walgreens has a some if you need them.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, leg is up, iced, and vodka is flowing! It was handy, I needed some more ice in my glass and I had a nice bag full right there. Yes, unfortunately I already own crutches.

TAN is right! I got to get out in the sun!
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Danny, that looks bad! Did you get it checked? I can sympathize! I have done that to my ankles and knees more times than I care to count. I'm a klutz.

Just a friendly medical PSA- alcohol and naproxen or ibuprofen puts one at high risk for a GI bleed, and alcohol with Tylenol/acetaminophen could well damage your liver. These are a few of the patients I get to care for in ICU

RICE- Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

7. Back To Top    #7

Danny,

Not to rub salt into your swollen ankle, but my wife fell a few months ago and it looked very similar. Took her to the emergency room and it turned out she had a hairline fracture. Doctor said it was not unusual.

She went to her orthopedic Doctor, who confirmed the diagnoses and he put her in a boot for 6 weeks. No driving, pretty much no nothing...

At first it did not look too bad to me, but the next day it was really swollen.

Get better soon.. At least it did not effect your typing fingers...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the nurse tips! How about alcohol and a few aspirin? I can stop the aspirin if it's bad for me.

Yes, I did go to a clinic for an x-ray just to be on the safe side. I am a pro bone breaker and I was pretty sure it wasn't broken. But, I did break that ankle in three places when I was a teenager (just a few year ago actually ) so I wanted to make sure. Yeah, it is by far the worst sprain I've ever had. Too bad I can't float in the pool yet!
    TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

......strange......I just always assumed he was a toe typer................
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post

Jim R.
    Who cares about the typing fingers... The feet look like they faired well!
    -Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

11. Back To Top    #11

Does this mean that you're going to have to sit out the 2017 motocross season?
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

I'm glad to know you got it checked and it's not broken!! I'm sorry you can't float away your recovery time

Sorry, Danny, aspirin and alcohol can produce a stomach bleed as well.
    Here's the official position (since you asked and to educate others) Do not drink alcohol while taking aspirin. Alcohol can increase your risk of stomach bleeding caused by aspirin. Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines. This includes black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.

Blessings!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

13. Back To Top    #13

I read the aspirin bottle just to be on the safe side.
    It say do not take aspirin with 3 or more drinks per day. Pshewww. Made it out alive.
    TFP Moderator

14. Back To Top    #14

I sprained mine days after hurricane Katrina.
    There are some days it still hurts and feels like it happened yesterday.
    18x36 25k Gal Inground Vinyl Pool
    300lb Sand Filter / 1.5hp Single Speed Pump / Intellichlor IC40 SWG / Polaris 280 w/booster pump

15. Back To Top    #15

Dang it! Now, that just isn't helping!
    TFP Moderator

16. Back To Top    #16

Dude! What were you thinking!??

Get well soon Pal, and I hope your stomach doesnt bleed out.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Isn't the pool cold?
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

18. Back To Top    #18

Cheers to a speedy recovery!
    60K 53 X 23 X 3'-10' IG Grecian Concrete aka "The Beast"
    TF100 XL with Speed Stir
    Dolphin M500 aka "The Beast Master"
    Sta Rite Max E Pro 2 HP - Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter S310T.
    My Pool Thread: Old School Pool

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Isn't the pool cold?
    Good point!! Excellent idea (one I used myself for my knees before having them changed out) Let your foot hang in the cool water.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

20. Back To Top    #20

Hmm, can't put the foot down yet, that hurts a LOT when the blood shoots down there! Waahhhh, it hurts mommy!
    TFP Moderator

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast