Old School Pool

Oh yeah, I also found it helpful to rearrange the box so that each test's bottles were grouped together, and in order of my testing. From top left to bottom right..

I also keep the speed stir in there (and not the bottle of strips which I don't use) as it fits in nicely.IMG_0138.jpg

Yip :flower:

Oh yeah, I also found it helpful to rearrange the box so that each test's bottles were grouped together, and in order of my testing. From top left to bottom right..

I also keep the speed stir in there (and not the bottle of strips which I don't use) as it fits in nicely.View attachment 57740

Yip :flower:

Wow! That's some serious organizational skills!

Pool math says add 324oz 6% bleach and 96 oz muriatic acid 31.45%...will do that at 1pm tomorrow after work.

I will also have to figure out how to make sure the pump and filter are running.

If I can get that far �� ... do I put in the bleach first or the MA?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

That is nice. Ty! I will get set up that way!

Most bleach is 8.25% these days. Doesn't matter which is first. Put one in one side of the pool and then go put the other in on the other side. MA and bleach don't mix well.

She has a pool! You did it! I hope the closing was painless and no glitches were found!

Good job on the testing! It will get faster as you learn everything.

I am VERY surprised the CYA is only 50. You go lucky! Those numbers will be VERY easy to work with.

If there is an inline tablet feeder make sure it is empty as you do not want any more CYA right now. Even if you turn the tube to 0 it is all just sitting in there making "soup" waiting to be let free.

It will be fun to see what all they left for you. "Sorry honey! I can't help inside the house.....it is all pool for me and my friends!" LOL

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good Morning ��

The closing went great. We are quite over whelmed with the cleaning and the moving. Paul cleaned the carpets last night. He's putting the sauna in today. I am raking leaves out of pool. Figuring out the pump. Getting any pucks out of feeder. Adding bleach and MA. Purchasing robot, a couple palm trees and a fire pit. Kim. It is spring break! Sure you can't just hop on over to Oklahoma City to help me rip out old shelf paper, sanitize cabinets, install new shelf paper, and unpack a hundred or so boxes??? Help a sister out!!! Ha ha �� Gotta go to work until noon today. I'll be back later with some clueless pump questions.

Yeah yeah....the measuring cups saw the pool and ran off to hide in the pantry. I need measuring pitchers!!! But maybe eventually my adds will get smaller.

The testing was Slooowwww last night. I was reading the instructions about ten times for each one saying whaaat??? But I got it handled. I did not even get to the stirrer. I opened it and it said something about a stir stick and I did not see one. I don't know which tests to use it on and so I set it aside for now.

There are a large number of hoses and a vacuum head in the pool house. I don't know what I'm gonna do with those. They also left the outdoor stereo system!!! Bonus!!! We were not expecting that.

Off to work!

Crystal

Glad you saved it!!!

Simply place the water sample in its vial in the depression on the speed stir, rinse and then gently drop in the little bean, and then turn the speed stir on with either the power button or the light button. Presto, it's stirring. :) I use mine on all tests except for pH and CYA. (Obviously, the OTO chlorine test doesn't need it either - that's the other half of the pH test).

Ok...here's what I've got. Questions

The filter has water sitting on top of the lid area. See photo. Is this normal?

There look to be some jerry rigged connections in various places...see photos.

The pump is running. The labels are all worn so I don't know what brand it is. Says 1 1/2 horse power. See photo of model number. Can someone help ID? Don't know if it's single speed, two speed, or variable. Don't know where or how to turn on/off or time.

I don't know how to open puck feeder. What looks like maybe a lid is too tight for me to get open. My son will be here at 3 to help but need to know a little more about opening it up. It seems to have an on/off valve. Switch to off?

Not sure what the empty round concrete thing is or was for.

I'm off to lowes for MA and bleach.

Crystal.

CrystalIMG_2487.jpgIMG_2500.jpgIMG_2498.jpgIMG_2496.jpgIMG_2494.jpgIMG_2492.jpgIMG_2491.jpgIMG_2490.jpgIMG_2488.jpgIMG_2501.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.