Old School Pool

WOW! There IS a main drain still down there! Well done new pump! I think we will keep you around for a while!

And let there be light! What a team you and Chase are! WOW!

Step by step you will get The Beast under control! Well done!

Next will be the rain run off!

Kim:kim:

Make me wonder how messed up your filter top was. Then add in the underpowered pump........you had an uphill battle.

That is some good looking water for sure!!! Now you need to get all of those people who where there for your last party and let them see it how it looks now!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A great testament to how well you've learned to properly manage a pool Crystal. Being this clear this fast is no small feat after being without a pump for 10+ days. Really nice job keeping this together during your pump struggles.

Awesome work C! :bowdown:

Make me wonder how messed up your filter top was. Then add in the underpowered pump........you had an uphill battle.

That is some good looking water for sure!!! Now you need to get all of those people who where there for your last party and let them see it how it looks now!!

Hi Kim,

A couple that saw it when the pump was down have been back and they were stunned. It's all because I went to SLAM level, brushed, and ran the robot the whole time. Thanks TFP!

C

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful!

Thanks Sekinkead!

A great testament to how well you've learned to properly manage a pool Crystal. Being this clear this fast is no small feat after being without a pump for 10+ days. Really nice job keeping this together during your pump struggles.

Awesome work C! :bowdown:

Couldn't have done it without you Patrick! Thanks always! My hubby continually comments about how clear the water is. Now I am working on the remaining light stains. Then on to the leak...if I even get to it this year. It is not bothering me too bad for now, but I know it needs to be done.

With the old pump, I would still have to top skim every morning and sometimes in the afternoon too. Now it is staying nice and clean on top. The Beast and I are both very happy! :D

C

The Beast is in need of medical attention! A few minutes ago during a fierce game of PIG, a competitor noticed a soft spot under his foot. When he looked down he saw that plaster had started cracking. We have a 6 X 4 inch spot where the plaster has cracked off. Can this be patched? Am I looking at a whole new plaster job? Aquabrite? Help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3365.jpg
    IMG_3365.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3367.jpg
    IMG_3367.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 71
CRYSTAL! The Beast has a boo-boo :( Poor ol Beast. The bad part of this is you already have a leak you have been dealing with. That is going to make it hard to know if THIS is leaking. I have a PM with one of our pool builders. Hold tight. We will get some help for The Beast :hug:

Kim (NO cheering here!)

That can be easily patched but If you have one area like that then I'm sure you have several more. It's impossible to know for certain until the pool is drained.

For now you can use pool putty or one of several other under water plaster patches.

Agreed that it can definitely be patched and that there is a reasonable chance that there are more spots. But, there is no need to rush into a replaster job right now. You've got time to work it out.

Thanks Brian ... I will search those. Is this something I can do myself? Do you have any preference on patches?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for the STAT assistance! Notice that all vital signs are stable and the patient displays the most crystal clear water imaginable!!! This spot is at 4 1/2 foot depth.

- - - Updated - - -

Kim...the leak issue has already gone through my mind. I do not know how old this plaster is. It's a 45 year old pool so surely it's had a plaster job in there somewhere. But who knows? I'm thinking it could be leaking anywhere now. Paul is sleeping. He's gonna blow his stack when he sees this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.