Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time for a new filter setup. What to get ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Time for a new filter setup. What to get ?

So I'm getting ready for my 2nd year with my pool. Last year was the 1st year I've ever had a pool. I have a 20yr old Kayak 16x24 above ground pool that has a deep end. The pool is still in great shape but the cartridge filter setup is showing signs of wear. Not really a fan of the cartridge filter or maybe it's only because the cartridge needs replacing. I was thinking of switching to a DE system that Hayward makes but I'm not sure what size pump/filter assy I should get. I have a scimmer and a drain at the bottom of the deep end with one return back to the pool and a water slide. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    14,500K above ground Kayak with deep end. Sta-rite 100sqft cartridge filter with 1.5hp pump/motor. TF-100 test kit w/speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time for a new filter setup. What to get ?

Here is a little comparison -
    Pool School - Pool Filter Comparison

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Time for a new filter setup. What to get ?

I love my Pentair Quad DE filter. Combo of DE on cartridge. I never backwash and just break it down and clean it twice a year.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir