Hello from Sandy Springs, GA

Mar 9, 2017
Atlanta/GA
Glad to find this site and about to embark on some reading.

Moved into a house with a gunite pool built in the 70s. For the first few months, I did have the same pool company manage the pool but I would like to be more in control of whats happening with it and keep the costs down at the same point.

I did order the TK-2006 kit and did some tests today. I do realize I have to update my profile with my pool details which I will be taking care of by this weekend once I get to make sense of all the various pieces that are in the pool shed.

Where should I post my results? For some reason, I could not get the Chlorine test to work inspite of shoveling multiple scoops of the R-0870 powder. I got all other numbers.

Again, looking forward to learning a lot from this site.

Regards

Hey there aubie96 :handwave: Always glad to have another Georgian in the house! (Texas and Florida crews think they run the joint, y'know? LOL)

If you can run a full set of results and list them like this, it helps us a LOT:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

As for your chlorine test- lets try again: Take 10mL of pool water in tube. Add 1 heaping scoop of powder and twirl, it should turn pink if you have chlorine in there. Then use the R-0871 reagent one drop at a time to turn the pink liquid clear. Count the drops and divide by 2 to get your FC total.
Are you saying when you added the powder it NEVER turned pink?? Try it on tap water and see if it is very pale pink.. (so little chlorine in there) just to confirm it works. Any chance you really REALLY don't have any chlorine in the water?? How do you sanitize your water?

Ready to help-just holler back!

Yip :flower:

HI! So glad you found us! We will be able to help your water look better than it ever has before!

You can start a thread over at "Just Getting Started".

I do worry you have no FC since you could not get the powder to work. I will look for your new thread.

Kim:kim: