Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from NY

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi from NY

Hello guys. Starting to inch towards spring here and thinking about the Pool for the first time. I am new to the forum, built my pool last summer and got to enjoy it for about a month and a half before the loop lock went on. Anyway just instructed wifey to get me the test kit from here for my birthday in April as last year I had a free opening and closing due to new pool build and then buying loop lock cover, this year I will actually have to start learning myself. I look forward to picking everyone's brain here. Probably going to attempt to addon some automation this year as well. If funds allow (built house last year, put in pool, landscaping, the wallet is hurting) and if i'm up for the task, it doesn't look too difficult, and most of my pool is hayward (see signature), but time will tell. Just saying hi for now.
    30,600 gallon SW Liner IG, 26'x46', 8' deep end, Hayward Cartridge Filter (Model C4030), Aquacal Heat Pump (Model R410A) with Autopilot PPC1 Salt Cell, Hayward Max-Flo VS (x2, 1 for pool, 1 for waterfall), Autopilot Salt Chlorine Generator (Pool Pilot Digital Model 75003), Hayward Colorlogic x3, AquaClean Robot, and SolarBreeze NX, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi from NY

Welcome!
    24ft x 52in AGP 18000 gal
    sand filter, 200#,1.5 hp single speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum. Ask all the questions you need.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey there Manorpool, glad you found us! Nice sized pool ya got there Pictures *always* welcome!

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome! As for automation the Autopilot has interface to connect to Jandy Aqualink RS, Polaris EOS or Pentair IntelliTouch or via ORP sensor. It does not list Hayward as an option. I am like you, in that I installed first pool last year and am working on some automation as time/$ permits. I am trying my own version first, based upon a raspberry pi and components I got for xmas. Again, welcome and enjoy reading, questioning, and sharing.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Yea think I'm screwed on the autopilot emailed Hayward and they said as much. But I figure the rest can work and in the future I can always change to a Hayward salt water chlorinator if it bugs me enough

30,600 gallon SW Liner IG, 26'x46', 8' deep end, Hayward Cartridge Filter (Model C4030), Aquacal Heat Pump (Model R410A) with Autopilot PPC1 Salt Cell, Hayward Max-Flo VS (x2, 1 for pool, 1 for waterfall), Autopilot Salt Chlorine Generator (Pool Pilot Digital Model 75003), Hayward Colorlogic x3, AquaClean Robot, and SolarBreeze NX, TF-100 Test Kit