We had some storms here on 3/1. We had 90 mph straight line winds. It ripped the winter cover right off of our pool. (Never should have drained the water off the cover, it would've helped keep it on I think) It pulled the top rail up off the wall and pulled on of the uprights out. Some of the liner was flapping. Luckily, it was an easy fix. I had to order a new winter cover because the other one was torn up. On the bright side, the water was clear :) I will be putting the new cover on tomorrow. Sheesh.

We had some storms here on 3/1. We had 90 mph straight line winds. It ripped the winter cover right off of our pool. (Never should have drained the water off the cover, it would've helped keep it on I think) It pulled the top rail up off the wall and pulled on of the uprights out. Some of the liner was flapping. Luckily, it was an easy fix. I had to order a new winter cover because the other one was torn up. On the bright side, the water was clear :) I will be putting the new cover on tomorrow. Sheesh.
Interesting post.....where do you live? Please add your city and state to your sig. Let us know if you need help.

I live in Northern Kentucky. Just south of Cincinnati, OH. Got the new cover on today. Crossing my fingers for no more big storms for a few months. :) Here are a few pics. We were very lucky.

01887D32-8457-4204-B038-D045A1A40A74.jpg

3E0FAA19-6F0E-4949-A903-936E732CFCA9.jpg

EEE9AB2A-8136-4943-B6DE-365D4205C8B7.jpg

I just had my winter cover ripped off by 81mph winds during the storm also. Managed to get it back on once the winds died down. Not happy about all the junk that got into the pool, but oh well... People had much worse damage to their homes and all I had was a pool cover that came loose and my fence gate blown off the hinges. Consider myself lucky. I'll deal with the water when I open.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
12-18" of heavy wet snow and winds 30-40 gusting to 60. Storms like this one are why I own a generator that powers my whole house. Nothing like spring time on the coast of New England.

I just had my winter cover ripped off by 81mph winds during the storm also. Managed to get it back on once the winds died down. Not happy about all the junk that got into the pool, but oh well... People had much worse damage to their homes and all I had was a pool cover that came loose and my fence gate blown off the hinges. Consider myself lucky. I'll deal with the water when I open.

That sounds like Rochester. A friend of mine there had the shingles blown off a large section of his roof.

12-18" of heavy wet snow and winds 30-40 gusting to 60. Storms like this one are why I own a generator that powers my whole house. Nothing like spring time on the coast of New England.

:handwave: Lol, same here for your neighbor to the south, on LI. The 12" of snow is easy to deal with, it's the wind and high tides that concern me. Coastal flood warning in effect here. Thankfully it's a fast moving storm and only one tide cycle to deal with.

Normally come September, I can't wait for the first nor'easter, it really turns the fish on, but once Thanksgiving passes, these storms suck:(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.