Brand new pool owner

Jun 12, 2009
We have just purchased our first pool. It is an 18x33x52 AG. We purchased it on-line and expect to receive it within the next 10 days. We have started leveling off the area we are planning on using it and have been lurking on this site for info. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS WEBSITE!!!

Any suggestions on easy installation would be greatlly appreciated since we are planning on doing this ourselves.

:whoot:

Welcome to TFP,
There are quite a few threads on AG pool installations. Pool School at the top of the page is well worth the time. Answers to alot of questions in the articles. A good test kit is worth the investment. Saves both time and money. A Taylor k2006 or TF100, link to the TF100 is in my signature.

We got our first pool this year as well. The TF100 is a nice kit. It seperates your daily tests, from your weekly. The dailies are in a smaller kit, which is nice.

As far as leveling, although we had a store install our pool, we did help a friend install his. Ours just required too much excavation and 6-7 tons of surrounding stone.

When we installed our friend's pool, we used a Dewalt, cordless, laser level. These are expensive ($1,200+), but if you have access to one from a commercial drywaller it helps :mrgreen:

Our installers used a 6 foot level on an 8 foot "leveler" piece. Do the math and you'll know that every inch past the 6 foot, the "leveler" becomes the "unleveler". All in all, our pool is only 1/8" off front to back. Side to side is perfect. The pool we installed with the laser level is just as good, but honestly was easier to level.

If you have clay in your soil, like we did, the installers used screening, which helps take some of the sponginess out of the ground. I'm not thrilled with our "professional" installation, so if yours isn't perfect don't think you made a mistake to DIY. At least with DIY, you can always say to yourself, "I don't install pools, I'm a fireman." Or whatever your occupation. Paying someone to mess up your install is worse than messing it up yourself...unless of course your walls cave in :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.