During slam, is green to blue(solid)normal?

Carl13

Mar 8, 2017
longwood
Day 2 of slam, pool turned blue, can not even see bottom(6 foot)

day 5 clarity improve a little,

also akalinity test, turned from green to yellow, not red?

I have read and have been following slam procedures,

i will will have results of the overnight loss to in morning

i did put an Algecide in, before I read the part not to, and it looks like that blue.

Fc 36
ph 7.2
cc .5
CYA 85.
TA turned yellow at 10

mind you, 7 days ago the pool looked great other than what looked like dirt on bottom, had my son vacuum it and pooled turned green.

I have been following pinch a penny's guidelines for FC, however it is way off once you throw the CYA number in there. I still don't understand how a professional selling company would allow this? ( they say to maintain 2-4 FC), requardless of CYA.

I also have a ozone and UV light. (Read up on that also, sigh)

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 86
Oh no! You have been "Pool $tored" as have so many of us and others. That is before we found TFP!

You are making progress. You should take a picture a day as you eyes cannot see the day to day change in the water. Make sure to brush each day, keep the pump running 24/7, and Maintain the FC at SLAM level for your CYA.

Step by step, day by day it will clear up! :hug:

Kim:kim:

Don't bother testing anything other than FC during a SLAM procedure. The pH for example will read falsely high (usually) if the FC is over 10ppm.

Based on your odd TA number I'm concerned that your pH is actually quite low? If your FC ever goes down to 10ppm or less or you interrupt your SLAM, please retest everything and come back to us with results. Don't make any changes though. Let us guide you.

Yip :flower:

Thanks KIm and Yip

i was was worried about this copper staining, since i introduces copper algaecide, so I have been putting some acid to make sure ph stays low.

ok, so this color shift is normal?

all I researched goes green-cloudy- , no blue

by the way, I catch my German Sheppard going on the beach shelf, should this be a concern during this SLAM?

Also your TA turned yellow because of the Chlorine In the sample. The neutralizer R0007 will take care of that when your FC is closer to normal range. As long as your pH is ok now, just worry about the SLAM FC level for the time being.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.