Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: During slam, is green to blue(solid)normal?

1. Back To Top    #1

During slam, is green to blue(solid)normal?

Day 2 of slam, pool turned blue, can not even see bottom(6 foot)

day 5 clarity improve a little,

also akalinity test, turned from green to yellow, not red?

I have read and have been following slam procedures,

i will will have results of the overnight loss to in morning

i did put an Algecide in, before I read the part not to, and it looks like that blue.

Fc 36
    ph 7.2
    cc .5
    CYA 85.
    TA turned yellow at 10

mind you, 7 days ago the pool looked great other than what looked like dirt on bottom, had my son vacuum it and pooled turned green.

I have been following pinch a penny's guidelines for FC, however it is way off once you throw the CYA number in there. I still don't understand how a professional selling company would allow this? ( they say to maintain 2-4 FC), requardless of CYA.

I also have a ozone and UV light. (Read up on that also, sigh)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15k gallons, IG,PEBBLE, Cartridge, variable speed pump, 7-2016 finished, Taylor 2006 test kit,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: During slam, is green to blue(solid)normal?

Oh no! You have been "Pool $tored" as have so many of us and others. That is before we found TFP!

You are making progress. You should take a picture a day as you eyes cannot see the day to day change in the water. Make sure to brush each day, keep the pump running 24/7, and Maintain the FC at SLAM level for your CYA.

Step by step, day by day it will clear up!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't bother testing anything other than FC during a SLAM procedure. The pH for example will read falsely high (usually) if the FC is over 10ppm.

Based on your odd TA number I'm concerned that your pH is actually quite low? If your FC ever goes down to 10ppm or less or you interrupt your SLAM, please retest everything and come back to us with results. Don't make any changes though. Let us guide you.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks KIm and Yip

i was was worried about this copper staining, since i introduces copper algaecide, so I have been putting some acid to make sure ph stays low.

ok, so this color shift is normal?

all I researched goes green-cloudy- , no blue

by the way, I catch my German Sheppard going on the beach shelf, should this be a concern during this SLAM?
    15k gallons, IG,PEBBLE, Cartridge, variable speed pump, 7-2016 finished, Taylor 2006 test kit,

5. Back To Top    #5

There are stages to the SLAM...........I will show you THE SLAM that shows all of the colors:

Foreclosure swamp and errant pool service? - Page 3

Post 42 has THE pictures!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for link Kim, that is reAsurring.

had a 2 TC drop, so I guess battle on

question? Does my UV light effect the TC like the sun does?

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Yes, you should not have it on and in fact, since your pool is outdoors it serves no good purpose.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

Also your TA turned yellow because of the Chlorine In the sample. The neutralizer R0007 will take care of that when your FC is closer to normal range. As long as your pH is ok now, just worry about the SLAM FC level for the time being.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem