Do I need Pentair EasyTouch?

Feb 19, 2017
Phoenixville, PA
My 25,000g inground is being resurfaced and new tiles. It was also time to replace all the equipment so I went with Pentair Superflo, FNS 48sq DE fiter, Intellichlor, Intellichem with flow sensor and muriatic acid tank (pump mounted on tank), Polaris spa blower. The spa requires no automation with the valves- just turn blower on. Do I need EasyTouch to control it all? I am asking because my electrician was concerned with the Intellichlor and Itellichem working when the pump was not running. The job is going to require a new sub panel and wire gauge upgrade anyway so is the EasyTouch necessary or should I have it installed to streamline operation?

I was looking at the Pentair 522352 PL4 EasyTouch- Would this be the right one for my system?

pb,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool related questions. :snorkle:

Man, I hate to be the one to give you the bad news, but the EasyTouch can't really control the Superflo. The EasyTouch is designed to control the Intelliflo pump, along with the Intellichlor SWCG. The SuperFlo has its own internal controller/timer.

The EasyTouch can come with the internal power supply for the SWCG. Without the EasyTouch, the SWCG will have to have its own power supply/controller.

What a lot of people do is run the pool via the Superflo internal timer and then set up a second external timer to control the power to the SWCG.

I am a big fan of automation, but everything comes at a cost... :(

Sorry for the sad news..

Jim R.

Jim,

From what I have been reading in a few different posts- If I buy the Superflo cable (353129Z), will that give me some automated control of the Superflo if connected to the EasyTouch 8?

pb,

The cable only lets you turn on one of four preset speeds inside the Superflo. To do this you will need four spare relays inside the EasyTouch. Each relay can turn on one speed. But as you stated, this would require the ET8.

Assuming that returning the Superflo is out of the question, then the ET8 would be the next best option.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.