Avon Park, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have been adding the daily 2 ppm of bleach every day for the last month or so but I am starting to see some signs of algae trying to develop. I live in FL and it has been hot for the past week or so. How can I keep this from happening? I try to hit the target of FC around 7 or 8 but it doesn't seem to be helping and I am running the pump during the day as suggested. My current readings are the following:

CYA 50
pH 7.6
TA 120
FC 3 or 4 by time I get home.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Are you brushing your pool weekly? Is this the kind with the inflatalble ring? Be sure to clean under the ring, lots of gook can build up there and allow algae to take hold.

Try running with a slightly higher FC level, and run the pump a few hours longer than you are now.

Is your FC holding overnight? If not, you should shock. Be sure to brush/clean all the surfaces while at shock level.

When is the last time you changed the cartridge?

Does your FC number hold overnight? My guess is that you haven't totally, completely killed off ALL algae in your pool. Others with more experience will come along to offer a more experienced opinion. Hang in there! :)

pjohnson73 said:
I have been adding the daily 2 ppm of bleach every day for the last month or so but I am starting to see some signs of algae trying to develop. I live in FL and it has been hot for the past week or so. How can I keep this from happening? I try to hit the target of FC around 7 or 8 but it doesn't seem to be helping and I am running the pump during the day as suggested. My current readings are the following:

CYA 50
pH 7.6
TA 120
FC 3 or 4 by time I get home.

Thanks for any help I can get.
I know the kind of almost daily rains you get near the lakes there in central FL. (We got them in s. FL when I lived there and we get them in N. FL where I live now and I've been to Avon Park quite a bit because I had friends that lived there.) Are you taking that into account and adding extra chlorine after it rains?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.