Weir board replacement

Mar 1, 2017
Sanger, CA
I'm looking for some help replacing my weir board. My pool was built in 1991, I've own this pool for 2 years. The weir board has been missing since I moved in. Under the skimmer lid it says "sta-rite" and "U-6". I ordered p/n: 8650-0022. This is a Pentair product but it also says "sta-rite" and "U-6" on the new package. The new board is on a hinge at the bottom of the board, with one mounting screw in the middle of the hinge. I don't see a hole in the bottom of my skimmer where the board is supposed to mount. My skimmer has 2 holes, one at the bottom of the left and right wall. Did I order the wrong board?

I had the same situation and had the same problem! There is a replacement weir made that is spring loaded but, like you, I bought the manufacturer's version. I solved by detaching the new weir from the bottom piece (which gets mounted to the pool) and my husband took the original/existing piece off the pool. We then put the weir on the newly removed mounting piece and he reinstalled. We needed a stubby Philips to do this but was easy enough.

Good luck.
Susan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.