Questions about the Letro Legends

borysc

Jun 15, 2009
If someone could help me a couple of questions about my Letro Legends pool cleaner, it would be appreciated. I purchased a home with a Letro Legend pool cleaner and have been trying to use it but there are a couple of problems.

1) - The cleaner basically stays in the deep end and often times is up on 2 wheels times falls on its side. Is there something wrong with the pressure, or is this the way its supposed to work?

2) - This is a little strange - I will let the cleaner run for a few hours - the pool will look cleaner after its runs, but when I pull the cleaner out of the pool, the bag will be empty?

If anyone could post an answer to my strange questions, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

http://www.pentairpool.com/products/products3.php?id=89

I have a platinum Legend Truck series and have had good luck so far. The website link above has manuals and other downloads of interest in case the previous homeowner did not leave them for you.

When mine would stay in one area, I checked the lines to make sure the flex joints were still flexible, checked the line floats and had to replace a few because they tend to crack and fill with water. Checked the jet propulsion ports on the rear and moved them to both pointing slightly left of center (while looking at the back of the unit). You can check if the booster pump is working correctly by counting the rotations of the wheels in a minute and comparing results to the manual recommendations.

Regarding pool looks cleaner but bag is empty, the only thing that comes to mind is there are two types of bags, a fine mesh and a coarse mesh which is to be used mostly when you have a lot of leaves. The jets might be getting the dirt off the bottom into suspension in the water and if the bag is course mesh, the small dirt particles will not be caught. Thus the pool might look cleaner and bag empty.

Good luck!

Check the float. If it's cracked and taking on water the cleaner will move slow, have less power, and may fall on it's side.

There are a lot of consumable parts on the Legends and Polaris cleaners. It may be wise to do a rebuild. if you're handy you can buy the parts online and do it yourself or you can take it in to the pool store and have them rebuild it. Most won't charge labor but they charge a lot for the parts.

They are very good cleaners when working but they do need regular maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.