CoverStar Pool Cover Cover Blowing Off

dw886

Gold Supporter
Sep 19, 2016
ND
Curious if this happens to anyone else - over the last few days, we've had some pretty high winds. The cover the covers the pool cover mechanism has blown off twice. Somehow the wind is getting underneath, and lifting up the 23' pool cover cover, moving it back about 2 feet, and setting it back down between the diving board jig bolts...

The pool was installed last October and this has never happened before, but has happened twice in the last 24 hours. The only difference that I can think of is that the weather is (slightly) warmer, and we've had winds from the south. Most of the winter they've been from the north.

Is there any way to prevent this thing from blowing off on a regular basis? Has anyone else had this problem?

A__973F.jpg

More than likely it has nothing to do with temperature but everything to do with wind speed and direction. We had a different manufacturer that we ended up screwing the lid down to keep the wind from flipping it off

I'm guessing that you're spot on. We've had gusts running 30-40mph all day long, and gusts likely higher.

Any thoughts on where is the beat to screw it down? I'd almost like to do it from the inside or front so there's nothing to catch bare feet on...

Most likely you will just have to drill a hole through the lid into the channel that the lid sits on and just put a nut and bolt close enough that you can reach in and remove it when you need to access the trough

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.