Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Build - League City TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build - League City TX

We are in the process of meeting with Pool companies to build a SWG pool in League City. So far we have 2 quotes but are leaning toward the 2nd. We want a spa, waterfall and the option to add a slide (typhoon) later. Here is the 2nd pool builders design (we had him change some things and delete the landscaping for now).

CUSTOM POOL PACKAGE INCLUDES: (33 ½’ x 16 ½’)

1. UP TO 80’ PERIMETER POOL 6’ MAX DEPTH W/ 1 Ό” EASED EDGE TRAVERTINE COPING & BASIC 6” WATER LINE TILE
    2. 9-11 RETURN LINES (VARIATION IN HEIGHT) & 3 BUBBLERS
    3. 2 SKIMMERS with 2” SUCTION LINES ON 45* ANGLES
    4. 2 ANTI-VORTEX MAIN DRAINS with 2” SUCTION LINES ON 45 ANGLES
    5. STEEL DETAIL: 3/8” REBAR 8” O.C., 4” O.C. ON ALL DEPTH TRANSITIONS GREATER THAN 5’ IN DEPTH, 4 - #4, ½” REBAR ON BOND BEAM
    6. GUNITE SHELL: 6.1 (SACKS/SAND) RATIO; 4000 PSI
    7. POOL EQUIPMENT PAD, SHOT with GUNITE & STEEL REINFORCEMENT
    8. HAYWARD ECOSTAR VARIABLE SPEED EE PUMP
    9. HAYWARD C 7030 CARTRIDGE FILTER
    10. 2 HAYWARD UNIVERSAL LED COLOR POOL LIGHT

1. AQUA LOGIC CONTROL SYSTEM WITH WIRELESS AQUA POD REMOTE
    2. HAYWARD AQUA VAC POOL CLEANER w/ GFCI OUTLET (if needed)
    3. AUTOFILL / OVERFLOW SYSTEM
    4. AQUA RITE SALT SYSTEM - 40,000
    5. PLASTER FINISHES; QUARTZSCAPES: Barbados Blue Plaster Option

CUSTOM SPA PACKAGE INCLUDES:

1. 7 ½’ ROUND SPA w/ 18” BEAM, RAISED 12”, 3’ MAX DEPTH W/ 1 Ό” EASED EDGE TRAVERTINE COPING, SPLITFACE STONE OR 6” BASIC TILE SPA SURROUND AND 6” BASIC WATER LINE TILE
    2. 6’ FLAT SPILL WAY
    3. 8 HAYWARD MASSAGE JETS w/ PULSE-FLO & ADJUSTA-FLO HEADS
    4. 2 ANTI-VORTEX MAIN DRAINS with 2 1/2” SUCTION LINES ON 45* ANGLES

1. HAYWARD H-SERIES 500,000 LOW NOX HEATER
    2. SILENCER 2 HP AIR BLOWER
    3. HAYWARD UNIVERSAL LED SPA LIGHT

A. SIGNATURE SPA: BULLNOSE BEAM ON INSIDE OF SPA WITH GLASS TILE

MOSS ROCK WATERFALL…………………….………………….…………... 4 TON MOSS ROCK WATERFALL
    NATURAL STONE SEALER…………………………………………………….2 GALLONS STONE SEALER
    ADDITIONAL TRISTAR EE PUMPS……..……………….………..2 HP (Includes all Plumbing & Electric Runs)
    ADDITIONAL HAYWARD LED LIGHTS……………………… POOL
    AREA DRAIN…………………………………….………...........................ADD 150’ OF 4” AREA DRAINS
    ADD 3 CATCH BASINS
    PLUMBING FOR FUTURE SLIDE………………………………………………….
    (Includes Suction & Return Lines)

My Questions?
    Does this pool equipment look ok?
    Do I need to seal the travertine and our flagstone patio?
    Texas, 13k pool with spa and waterfall.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build - League City TX

The equipment looks good to me. Other should be along to give it an extra look as well.

9-11 return lines??? That is a LOT of returns. Do you have any idea where they will all go?

I LOVE the design! It will be fun to watch them put the waterfall together. It will be interesting to see how the build it with the slide in mind for the future.

You should not need to seal you flagstone and such. It can cause it be to slippery so there is that to think about.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

That looks awesome! I am new to the site as well, so I really have no input since we are still waiting on our permit, but I love your design!! Making me wish we put a slide in our design! Can't wait to see the build!

Jen
    20'x35' Freeform Gunite sport pool. Raised 8' round spa with spillover. 9'x9' sun shelf with light/fountain/ umbrella holder. Rock waterfall flowing into spa, built in table and pool area. 31'x50' paver patio plus 12'x50' paver patio under Elite aluminum roof. Jandy VS FLO PRO 2HP Pump, Jandy Pro CS250 Filter, iAqualink 2.0 Automation and Jandy JE3000TR heat pump. 31x50 screen enclosure mansard roof in bronze.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    The equipment looks good to me. Other should be along to give it an extra look as well.

9-11 return lines??? That is a LOT of returns. Do you have any idea where they will all go?

I LOVE the design! It will be fun to watch them put the waterfall together. It will be interesting to see how the build it with the slide in mind for the future.

You should not need to seal you flagstone and such. It can cause it be to slippery so there is that to think about.

Kim
    Thanks, I'm not sure about the return lines. I'll have to ask the PB. I think if we do seal it we'll just do it ourselves.

The people we sold our playset to are supposed to come this weekend and get it and then we'll be ready to start building. We had the last PB come out Monday so we should have a quote from him soon. Hopefully we'll get this pool in before summer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow. That is awesome. Very nice. Can I ask what a pool like that cost to build from scratch??

16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Wow. That is awesome. Very nice. Can I ask what a pool like that cost to build from scratch??

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk
    We haven't signed the contract yet, but it's looking like high 50s

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow, that is really reasonable. Here, you couldn't touch that for 65K. Good luck on your project, and can't wait to see it progress!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Wow, that is really reasonable. Here, you couldn't touch that for 65K. Good luck on your project, and can't wait to see it progress!
    Thanks, we just signed the contract! I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get the permits in.

9. Back To Top    #9

We are moving to League City next month --- would love to know who you used and what your final results were!!!!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Txpoolmamma View Post
    We haven't signed the contract yet, but it's looking like high 50s
    that's it! man i got to move down south. you guys build pools for nothing! that is an awesome awesome design! awesome!

i would jump all over that for 50!

9-11 returns the whole pool will be like a spa!
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. approx. 20,000 gallons. no spa or water features. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom waterjet cut Disney Mickey markers. all pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED lights. easy touch 4 with screen logic. tf-100/ salt kit