Dana Point, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have Pentair IntelliTouch system that controls my pool, spa, spillway, waterfall, lighting, fountains, etc. All working beautifully. However, the ONLY way (currently) to filter the water in the spa is either:

- Turn ON spillway (returns to the pool)
- Turn ON spa (returns to spa, but turns on heater and switches pump to hi-speed)

I'm trying to find a way circulate water the in spa without doing either of the above. The reason? Normally, the spillway is ON for one hour a day to filter the water, but - we're finding that some of the water splashes onto the pool coping below (I have a salt system). Because this occurs day in, day out - and because in SoCal the sun shines most of the time, the water evaporates and it's causing the salt to dry out and erode the coping (I'm only talking about an area about six inches wide).

My thought was to ONLY use the spillway on occasions where we're entertaining, etc., and to that end - I was hoping I could do the following:

a) Schedule a daily event wherein the spa circulates and returns to the spa, but at low speed and without the heater kicking in. I know I can create a CIRCUIT for the speed desired for the Intelliflow, but can I add to that event logic to set the return valve to the spa without heat?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks -

MB

Why not just schedule the spa to run once or twice a day and make the spa speed very low? Then you can have a separate feature circuit, call it JETS, that you run in parallel with the SPA function and the speed for JETS is set to a higher value. Just keep the heater setpoint at a really low temp all the time so it doesn't turn on. Set the heater temp higher manually when you want to use the SPA.

I always leave my heater temp set very low so it can never come on unless I set it to. I prefer it that way for safety reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I could do that, but I was hoping to keep it simple for my wife so that she only has to press SPA to get the spa running - like she does now. You have no idea the amount of potential "hurt" I'm in for if getting the spa running takes more than one button press ;-). If I read you correctly, running the spa manually would require:

- press SPA
- press button assigned to JETS
- set TEMP to desired level

I'm assuming she'd also have to remember to reverse that sequence when shutting the spa down? If so, it'll never happen without something getting screwed up on her part. Also, what happens if she turns the spa ON and forgets to turn the jets ON but raises the heat? I assume the heater won't turn on unless the flow exceeds XXX ?

Well I found a solution and it turned out to be easier than I thought. Turns out that if you schedule a spa event for a specific time and you have manual heat set to on, it will not kick on the heater. -period.

So now I can schedule the spa to come on automatically for five minutes to filter the water in the spa using the higher pump speed it normally uses, but the heater will stay off. Then I have a separate egg timer event that will be used anytime the spa is turned on manually. When turned on manually via the remote button, the heater kicks on.

Good catch ! I see that option in the EasyTouch manual as well. Good to know for future questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.